Outstanding national and international transport connections enable Croydon to draw on a wide catchment of highly skilled talent from across London, the South East and beyond.
Croydon’s own population provides a sizeable and talented workforce, with 40% of the working population educated to at least degree level. Close working between skills providers and businesses ensure that employers are able to find the talent they need to grow their businesses. The Council is committed to facilitating discussions between employers and skills providers to build a workforce offer that is business-led.
We can help by:
- Taking the pain out of recruitment by supplying job-ready, pre-screened candidates. Croydon Works is the Council’s free-to-use professional recruitment service. For more information on how Croydon Works can help resource your business with high quality staff please visit www.croydonworks.co.uk.
- Source bespoke training for your jobs, including pre-employability support or specific job-related training.
- Help you to become accredited as a Croydon Good Employer – enhancing your status as an attractive local employer for talented staff.
- Provide information and guidance on apprenticeships, including maximising the potential of the Apprenticeship Levy.
- Help you to meet any corporate social responsibility targets you might have in terms of inclusive employment, work experience or engagement with schools.