Croydon Council’s Inward Investment team, also known as Croydon Urban Edge, promotes the borough as a strategic business location and its regeneration programme. We offer a dedicated premises and property business support service to help businesses establish, relocate or expand in Croydon. The team supports organisations with the search for new premises, helping to find the most suitable location for your business.
We are committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This Privacy Notice explains how we use your personal information and protect your privacy in compliance with our requirements under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For more information about how the Council uses your information and your data rights, please refer to the Council’s Corporate Privacy Notice available at www.croydon.gov.uk/privacy.
What information we collect
- Your contact details e.g. name, email address, telephone number, organisation name, position and property requirements/details of your enquiry
- Correspondence, emails, letters and notes of telephone conversations between you and our staff when using our service
Without this information, we will not be able to process your enquiry.
Your personal information is given to us on a voluntary basis. We will always seek your consent when you give us your information. We will also seek to refresh your consent from time to time to ensure that you are still happy for us to use your data. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us by emailing email@example.com so we can deal with your request. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. If this is the case, we will tell you.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing or commercial purposes.
Why we collect your information
We use your data to:
- assist you with finding suitable business premises within the borough of Croydon
- assess performance and set targets for service improvement
- produce statistics and reports to plan new services. Statistics are used in such a way that individuals cannot be identified from them
- provide efficient and effective services
- internal monitoring purposes
Who we share information with
We may share information about you with:
- other Croydon Council teams so they can support our service (e.g. Regeneration, Planning, Growth and Licensing)
- government departments, agencies and other public bodies (e.g. Coast to Capital LEP, London & Partners and the Department for International Trade)
- Greater London Authority
- Transport for London
- Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Local Enterprise Partnerships
- property management companies
- commercial estate agents
- prospective investors, developers and owners of business premises
All organisations we pass your information to will have an information-sharing agreement with us to ensure they meet the standards of the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018, and will be covered by a legal basis allowing them to collect, use and share your personal information.
The lawful basis on which we use this information
- Contract for the supply of services
Storing this information
Personal data will not be retained for longer than necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected.
We securely destroy all information once we have used it and no longer need it.
If you would like to know more about how we store your data, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providing us with accurate information
It is very important that you provide us with accurate information to enable us to process your application more quickly. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please inform us as soon as possible so that we can update your records.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right to request access to information that we hold about you. To make a request for your personal information, please contact the Council’s Information Management Team at SAR@croydon.gov.uk.
The GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 give you a number of rights to control what personal information is used by us and how it is used by us. Information about your individual data rights is listed in the Council’s Privacy Notice available at www.croydon.gov.uk/privacy.
If you have any questions or concerns about the way we collect, store or use your personal information, please contact us in the first instance at email@example.com.
For advice about data protection issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at www.ico.org.uk.
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at any time and will keep it under review. If we do make any changes, we will post the current version to our website at this address.
Last updated: August 2018