- 1 Is Tower Hamlets the poorest borough?
- 2 Which borough is Mile End in?
- 3 Which borough is Canary Wharf?
- 4 Does anyone live at the Tower of London?
- 5 What is the richest part of London?
- 6 What are the worst areas in London?
- 7 What is the most dangerous borough in London?
- 8 Is Mile End a nice place to live?
- 9 Why is Tower Hamlets so poor?
- 10 Is Canary Wharf a rich area?
- 11 Is Canary Wharf a good place to live?
- 12 Why is it called Canary Wharf?
- 13 Do Yeoman Warders get paid?
- 14 How much do Beefeaters get paid?
- 15 Are there female Beefeaters?
Is Tower Hamlets the poorest borough?
Tower Hamlets remains highly deprived relative to other London Boroughs. Tower Hamlets is the most deprived borough in London on three of the five summary measures (the average score, the extent and the most deprived ten per cent measures).
Which borough is Mile End in?
|London borough||Tower Hamlets|
|Ceremonial county||Greater London|
Which borough is Canary Wharf?
Canary Wharf is situated in the Borough of Tower Hamlets, near key areas including Woolwich, The City and the Isle of Dogs.
Does anyone live at the Tower of London?
As tradition going back 700 years, all Yeoman Warders and their families live within the Tower walls. Right now about 150 people, including a doctor and a chaplain, claim the Tower of London as their home address.
What is the richest part of London?
The 10 most expensive London boroughs
- Westminster – £3,099,172.
- Kensington and Chelsea – £2,080,134.
- Camden – £1,858,738.
- Hammersmith and Fulham – £964,013.
- Hackney – £933,006.
- Richmond upon Thames – £838,527.
- Lambeth – £834,518.
- Wandsworth – £803,319.
What are the worst areas in London?
Most Dangerous Areas In London
- Westminster – Crime rate of 321.4 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Camden – Crime rate of 154.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Kensington and Chelsea – Crime rate 153.9 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Hammersmith and Fulham – Crime rate 129.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
What is the most dangerous borough in London?
Crime numbers in each borough: When the population of a borough is considered the borough with the highest rate of crime per person remains Westminster with 192.8 crimes for every 1,000 people, second highest is Kensington and Chelsea ((112.7 per 1,000 people) and third Camden (117 per 1,000 people).
Is Mile End a nice place to live?
Living in Mile End: An Up-and-Coming East London District. Young professionals love living in Mile End for its vibrant atmosphere and buzzy neighbourhood settings. The E9 postcode is a more affordable alternative to Shoreditch and Hoxton and offers an abundance of East London charm.
Why is Tower Hamlets so poor?
Today, Tower Hamlets is one of the most unequal places to live in the UK. Many of the things that may contribute to making a family poor such as health issues, discrimination, or a lack of skills, are also likely to make someone less successful in a competitive job market.
Is Canary Wharf a rich area?
London’s ‘Highest Earning Postcode’ Today, Canary Wharf not only employs more bankers than the City of London, but the E14 postcode is now considered ‘London’s highest salary postcode’, averaging at £100,000.
Is Canary Wharf a good place to live?
Situated on the Isle of Dogs with a shimmering waterfront and city skyline views, Canary Wharf is a picturesque place both to live and work. A modern hub of the city, slick and trendy Canary Wharf – once viewed as home solely to career-driven professionals – is now populated with families, too.
Why is it called Canary Wharf?
Canary Wharf itself takes its name from the sea trade with the Canary Islands, whose name originates from the Latin ‘canis’ (dogs). One Canada Square was the first Canary Wharf building to be built during redevelopment, and stands at 235m tall.
Do Yeoman Warders get paid?
Yeoman Warders now mainly act as tour guides on a day-to-day basis when not performing ceremonial duties – pay starts at around £24,000.
How much do Beefeaters get paid?
Around 37 Yeoman Warders, who are paid around £30,000 a year, live with their families in historic buildings just outside the Tower of London which they guard, many able to see the Tower from their bedroom windows.
Are there female Beefeaters?
Moira Cameron is a Yeoman Warder of the Tower of London, England. She is the first woman to ever hold the position. In 2007, after a 22-year career in the British Army, Cameron became one of the 35 resident Warders in the Tower of London, commonly known as the Beefeaters.