- 1 Is Croydon a ghetto?
- 2 Is Croydon a nice area?
- 3 Where is the best night out in UK?
- 4 Is East Croydon dangerous?
- 5 How dangerous is Croydon?
- 6 Which parts of Croydon are nice?
- 7 Is Croydon a rich area?
- 8 What is the roughest part of London?
- 9 What is Croydon famous for?
- 10 Which UK university has the best nightlife?
- 11 What area of London has the best nightlife?
- 12 What city has the best nightlife?
- 13 Who is famous from Croydon?
- 14 Which zone is East Croydon?
- 15 What kind of area is Croydon?
Is Croydon a ghetto?
Croydon is a South London borough located just over nine miles from Charing Cross. In fact, in 2018 Croydon was ranked one of the worst parts of London in terms of knife crime. With a total of 33,410 (including 11,771 violence against the person) crimes, Croydon is London’s ninth most dangerous borough.
Is Croydon a nice area?
Ignore your friends and colleagues, Croydon is great. Nice parks, good connections to London and all you could want from a town centre. It somewhat falls short on culture (theatre, high end restaurants etc.) but OMZG London is but a 15 minute train ride away.
Where is the best night out in UK?
Manchester has been named the best UK city for a night out in 2019, beating out the likes of Sheffield, London and Bristol for the top spot.
Is East Croydon dangerous?
Croydon is not unsafe. It’s a rather bland suburb, but okay. If you’re booked at the Holiday Inn Express Centrale you should be fine walking from East Croydon station in about 6-7 minutes. Safe enough, but deeply uninspiring.
How dangerous is Croydon?
Nearly 19,000 crimes have been committed in Croydon so far this year, police statistics show. Figures published by the Metropolitan Police show that from January 1 to July 31 this year, 18,955 crimes have been reported to police. Violence against the person is Croydon’s most commonly reported crime, with 5,978 reports.
Which parts of Croydon are nice?
Here’s the full list of the top 30 places to live in Croydon with their scores (some have Croydon postcodes but technically are not in Croydon ).
- Crystal Palace 7.88.
- West Croydon 7.81.
- Norbury 7.79.
- South Croydon 7.72.
- Croydon town centre 7.50.
- Upper Norwood (Beulah Hill) 7.43.
- Sanderstead 7.42.
- Shirley 7.30.
Is Croydon a rich area?
The London Borough of Croydon has been labelled London’s wealthiest borough for property by a new survey. While substantially higher than the average of around £28.3bn, the famously expensive borough only comes out sixth in the list of wealthiest London neighbourhoods for property.
What is the roughest part of London?
The two London Boroughs with the highest rate of gun and knife crime are Southwark and Lambeth. Other London Boroughs with high gun and knife crime rates include Brent, Haringey and Hackney.
What is Croydon famous for?
Croydon has the 13th largest shopping population in the UK. The Whitgift Centre is the third largest shopping mall in London behind the two Westfields. The Whitgift and Centrale are soon to be combined and turned into a Westfields themselves, which would make them the second biggest shopping centre in the UK.
Which UK university has the best nightlife?
Which universities have the best nightlife?
- University of Liverpool.
- Liverpool John Moores University.
- Newcastle University.
- Northumbria University.
- University of Strathclyde.
What area of London has the best nightlife?
5 hottest nightlife spots in London
- Disco bonanza – Soho. Soho is the centre of all nightlife in London both spiritually and geographically.
- Down and dirty – Camden.
- The cool kids – Shoreditch.
- Made in Chelsea – Kensington to Putney Bridge.
- A slice of history – Greenwich.
What city has the best nightlife?
Best Nightlife Cities in the U.S.
- Las Vegas.
- Miami Beach.
- New Orleans.
- New York City.
- Los Angeles.
- San Francisco.
Who is famous from Croydon?
10 Famous Musicians Who Hail From Croydon
- Stormzy. The grime star who cracked the Top 10 last year with ‘Shut Up’ grew up in the Thornton Heath area of Croydon and attended Harris Academy in nearby South Norwood.
- The Kooks.
- Kirsty MacColl.
- David McAlmont.
- Katie Melua.
- Dane Bowers.
- Krept and Konan.
- Kate Moss.
Which zone is East Croydon?
East Croydon is a railway station and tram stop in the town of Croydon, Greater London, England, and is located in Travelcard Zone 5. At 10 miles 28 chains (10.35 mi; 16.66 km) from London Bridge, it is one of the busiest non-terminal stations in London, and in the United Kingdom as a whole.
What kind of area is Croydon?
Croydon is a large town in south London, England. It is 9.4 miles (15.1 km) south of Charing Cross. The principal settlement in the London Borough of Croydon, it is one of the largest commercial districts in Greater London outside Central London, with an extensive shopping district and night-time economy.