- 1 What is the best day to go to Borough Market?
- 2 Is Borough Market Open lockdown?
- 3 Are markets open in London during lockdown?
- 4 Why is Borough Market closed on Sunday?
- 5 Can you eat at Borough Market?
- 6 Is Borough Market cash only?
- 7 What should I buy at Borough Market?
- 8 Does Borough Market have toilets?
- 9 Is anything open in London?
- 10 Is Greenwich market open during lockdown?
- 11 Is Maltby Street Market open during lockdown?
- 12 What’s the best market in London?
- 13 Is Bury Market on today?
- 14 Is Camden market open during lockdown?
- 15 What stalls are at Borough Market?
What is the best day to go to Borough Market?
The best time to visit is between 10am to midday Wednesday to Friday; and 8am to midday on Saturday. Yes, Saturdays are the liveliest, but also the most crowded. Alternatively, go at around 4pm.
Is Borough Market Open lockdown?
Borough Market remains open as an essential retailer, with social distancing measures in place.
Are markets open in London during lockdown?
Coronavirus/Covid: Markets are allowed to remain open in Lockdown for essential services which includes groceries and takeaway food.
Why is Borough Market closed on Sunday?
It is pretty much closed during the week! Re Sundays, presumably it’s a licensing issue, though also the difficulties of Sunday travel for some traders might be a factor.
Can you eat at Borough Market?
There is a very nice line up of street food options along the outside wall of the market. There are probably about 10 stalls there, where you can stand in line for a sandwich or take-away plate of food. A few more street food options can be found throughout the market.
Is Borough Market cash only?
Mostly cash but there are plenty of ATM’s around the market. You will be better off just using cash.
What should I buy at Borough Market?
16 reasons to visit the Borough Markets of London
- Fresh produce.
- Duck confit.
Does Borough Market have toilets?
Public toilets (including accessible toilets ) are open during trading hours for customer use, located in Three Crown Square, Borough Market Kitchen and the Market Hall.
Is anything open in London?
You can now visit COVID-secure shops, supermarkets, pharmacies, garden centres and market stalls again. All non-essential shops in London may now reopen following the easing of coronavirus restrictions.
Is Greenwich market open during lockdown?
Greenwich Market will remain open 7 days a week and so will most of the surrounding cafes and bakeries. After the government enforced restrictions’ announcement to control the spread of Covid-19, we would like to update you what we are doing to ensure your safety whilst visiting the market.
Is Maltby Street Market open during lockdown?
Maltby Street Market Saturday 10am-5pm; Sunday 11am-4pm.
What’s the best market in London?
Top 10 London markets you must visit
- Portobello Market. Image courtesy of Paul Hudson.
- Camden Market & Camden Lock Market. Image courtesy of George Rex.
- Borough Market.
- Old Spitalfields Market.
- Columbia Road Flower Market.
- Brick Lane Market.
- Covent Garden Market.
- Alfies Antique Market.
Is Bury Market on today?
Open on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 9am to 4.30pm, except Saturday when open until 5pm. Please note Bury Market does not open on Bank Holiday Mondays or on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Is Camden market open during lockdown?
What do you think of lockdown restrictions? Take our survey below. However there is some life still in the area. Along the canal, Camden Street Food Market remains open for business although some traders have doubts about how long it will remain so.
What stalls are at Borough Market?
- Alpine Deli. Charcuterie from South Tyrol.
- Alsop & Walker. Cheeses from East Sussex.
- Applebee’s Fish. Fishmongers and cafe.
- Applebee’s Fishbox. Grilled seafood tortillas, skewers and kebabs.
- Arabica Bar & Kitchen. Middle Eastern meze and Levantine-inspired cocktails.
- Arabica To Go.
- Artisan du Chocolat.
- Artisan Foods.