- 1 What shops are in Croydon shopping Centre?
- 2 Is East Croydon rough?
- 3 Is Westfield Croydon going ahead?
- 4 Is Croydon a rich area?
- 5 What is the roughest part of London?
- 6 Is Croydon a poor area?
- 7 Is Croydon getting a Westfield?
- 8 How dangerous is Croydon?
- 9 Is East Croydon a nice place to live?
- 10 Is East Croydon a good place to live?
What shops are in Croydon shopping Centre?
Shops in Croydon
- British Heart Foundation Furniture & Electrical. 7–10 Suffolk House, George Street, Croydon, London, CR0 1PE 0.6 miles.
- Waterstones. 1065–1067 Whitgift Centre, Croydon, London, CR0 1UX 0.7 miles.
- The Whitgift Shopping Centre.
- Whitgift Weenies.
- The Body Shop.
- Whitgift Centre.
- A Place in Space.
- Trafalgar Way Retail Park.
Is East Croydon rough?
9) Croydon However, the area also has a problem with crime – in particular, violent crime. In fact, in 2018 Croydon was ranked one of the worst parts of London in terms of knife crime. With a total of 33,410 (including 11,771 violence against the person) crimes, Croydon is London’s ninth most dangerous borough.
Is Westfield Croydon going ahead?
In February 2019, Westfield – by now subsumed into Paris-based Unibail Rodamco Westfield – announced an indefinite “review” of their Croydon plans, and cancelled demolition work on the ageing Whitgift Centre that was due to commence last autumn.
Is Croydon a rich area?
The London Borough of Croydon has been labelled London’s wealthiest borough for property by a new survey. While substantially higher than the average of around £28.3bn, the famously expensive borough only comes out sixth in the list of wealthiest London neighbourhoods for property.
What is the roughest part of London?
The two London Boroughs with the highest rate of gun and knife crime are Southwark and Lambeth. Other London Boroughs with high gun and knife crime rates include Brent, Haringey and Hackney.
Is Croydon a poor area?
The annual Public Health Report revealed that 10,261 people live in areas considered to be among the most deprived. It read: “Overall, Croydon has become more deprived. 10,261 people in Croydon live in areas considered to be within the 10% most deprived in the whole country.
Is Croydon getting a Westfield?
It has now been more than a year since Westfield announced it would be reviewing plans for a new shopping centre in Croydon.
How dangerous is Croydon?
Nearly 19,000 crimes have been committed in Croydon so far this year, police statistics show. Figures published by the Metropolitan Police show that from January 1 to July 31 this year, 18,955 crimes have been reported to police. Violence against the person is Croydon’s most commonly reported crime, with 5,978 reports.
Is East Croydon a nice place to live?
Ignore the bad press, East Croydon is a fun place to live. Yes, there are issues with homelessness, drug addiction and other ills that the council seem ill-equipped to deal with, but no more than any other London borough.
Is East Croydon a good place to live?
Living in Croydon is the absolute best. It’s close to Central London as well as being in touching distance of the seaside and countryside. We’ve got beautiful street art, amazing green parks and train connections to absolutely everywhere.