- 1 What borough is Northampton in?
- 2 How do I contact Northampton County Council?
- 3 How much is council tax in Northampton?
- 4 How do I get a council house in Northampton?
- 5 Is Northampton safe?
- 6 Is Northampton poor?
- 7 How do I apply for a blue badge in Northamptonshire?
- 8 Which is the highest council tax band?
- 9 Do I have to pay council tax if I’m on benefits?
- 10 How much is council tax in Milton Keynes?
- 11 Can anyone go on the council list?
- 12 How do I get on the housing association list?
- 13 How do I contact Homes Direct?
What borough is Northampton in?
listen) is a town and civil parish in the East Midlands region of England. It lies on the River Nene, 60 miles (97 km) north-west of London and 50 miles (80 km) south-east of Birmingham. As the county town of Northamptonshire, Northampton is the largest settlement within the unitary authority of West Northamptonshire.
How do I contact Northampton County Council?
- The Guildhall. St Giles Square. Northampton. NN1 1DE.
- Telephone: 0300 330 7000.
- Email: enquiries@ northampton.gov.uk.
- Visiting us? Location map and travel details.
How much is council tax in Northampton?
2020 to 2021 Council Tax bandings for Northamptonshire County Council
|Council Tax band||Council Tax||Adult Social Care Precept|
How do I get a council house in Northampton?
If you do qualify to join the housing register you will have to provide supporting documentation before we can assess your application. This can be provided electronically or by taking a good quality photo and emailing it to documents@ northampton.digital. This must be done within 28 days of applying.
Is Northampton safe?
Safety & Crime While crime does exist in Northampton (much like any large town or city), the area is well policed and safety within the community is high on the agenda of the local council and businesses with the town recently receiving Purple Flag status for safe nightlife.
Is Northampton poor?
Northampton Borough Council has been dubbed the ” poorest of the poor ” by Local Government Minister Phil Woolas. The police have been castigated for their poor performance, and the county council is currently under fire for cutting services.
How do I apply for a blue badge in Northamptonshire?
- Requirements before applying for a Blue Badge. Find out which documents you need to supply with your application (depending on your situation).
- Apply for or renew a Blue Badge. Complete our online application for a new Blue Badge or to renew, and see who can get one.
- Replace your Blue Badge.
Which is the highest council tax band?
What are council tax bands?
- Band A – up to £40,000.
- Band B – £40,001 to £52,000.
- Band C – £52,001 to £68,000.
- Band D – £68,001 to £88,000.
- Band E – £88,001 to £120,000.
- Band F – £120,001 to £160,000.
- Band G – £160,001 to £320,000.
- Band H – more than £320,000.
Do I have to pay council tax if I’m on benefits?
If you ‘re on a low income, you may be entitled to help from your council towards paying your council tax. They are also sometimes known as Council Tax Support. You can no longer make a claim for Council Tax Benefit.
How much is council tax in Milton Keynes?
The average (mean) Council Tax value in Milton Keynes is £1,335.83.
Can anyone go on the council list?
You can apply for a home through your local council. They might also call it ‘social housing’. If your application is accepted, you ‘ll go on to a waiting list of people who need a council home. Your council will then prioritise applications based on who needs a home most urgently.
How do I get on the housing association list?
You can apply to the register online on your council’s housing services page, or by contacting the council directly to request an application form. Find out which is your local council and apply for council housing. You may be able to apply to a council’s register even if you don’t live in that council’s local area.
How do I contact Homes Direct?
If your landlord is Optivo (formerly Viridian Housing), please contact Optivo.
- By telephone: 0800 121 6060.
- By e-mail: email@example.com.
- By post: 100 Hatherton St, Walsall WS1 1AB.
- By telephone: 0121 633 4633.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org.