- 1 What is London West End?
- 2 What is the West End in London in terms of music?
- 3 What are the districts of London?
- 4 What is the London West End famous for?
- 5 What are the bad parts of London?
- 6 What is SoHo short for?
- 7 What is the longest running play in London?
- 8 What is the longest running musical in London?
- 9 What is the best musical in London?
- 10 What are the nicest areas of London?
- 11 Which part of London is posh?
- 12 What’s the richest area in London?
- 13 What areas of London should tourists avoid?
- 14 Is West London posh?
- 15 What’s the longest running West End musical?
What is London West End?
The West End of London (commonly referred to as the West End ) is a district of Central London, west of the City of London and north of the River Thames, in which many of the city’s major tourist attractions, shops, businesses, government buildings and entertainment venues, including West End theatres, are concentrated.
What is the West End in London in terms of music?
The term ” West End theatre” is generally used to refer specifically to commercial productions in Theatreland. However, the leading non-commercial theatres in London enjoy great artistic prestige.
What are the districts of London?
The London boroughs are: City of London, Barking and Dagenham, Barnet, Bexley, Brent, Bromley, Camden, Croydon, Ealing, Enfield, Greenwich, Hackney, Hammersmith and Fulham, Haringey, Harrow, Havering, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, Kingston upon Thames, Lambeth, Lewisham, Merton, Newham,
What is the London West End famous for?
Visit London’s West End to discover it’s world-famous shopping areas, including Oxford Street, Bond Street and Regent Street. Discover a spectacular lineup of West End theatre shows, from The Lion King and Mary Poppins to The Book of Mormon.
What are the bad parts of London?
According to Churchill Security, the most dangerous areas in London are:
- Westminster – Crime rate 321.4 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Camden – Crime rate 154.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Kensington and Chelsea – Crime rate 153.9 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Hammersmith and Fulham – Crime rate 129.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
What is SoHo short for?
SoHo (an acronym for South of Houston Street) still features galleries, though these days the work within them tends toward the more high-end commercial—matching the luxury boutiques and independent-designer outposts that characterize the area.
What is the longest running play in London?
We count down the list of London’s longest running shows
- Mamma Mia!
- The Lion King.
- Blood Brothers. 24 years, 3 months (1988-2012)
- The Woman In Black. 31st year (1989-present)
- The Phantom of the Opera. 34th year (1986-present)
- Les Misérables. 35th year (1985-present)
- The Mousetrap. 68th year (1952-present)
What is the longest running musical in London?
Cats opened in the West End in 1981 and closed 21 years later in 2002, making it London’s longest-running musical until Les Misérables overtook it in 2006.
What is the best musical in London?
Our list of Top 10 London musicals is ranked by London Theatre’s current top-selling shows.
- Wicked at Apollo Victoria Theatre.
- The Lion King at Lyceum Theatre.
- Les Miserables at Sondheim Theatre.
- The Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty’s Theatre.
- The Book of Mormon at Prince of Wales Theatre.
What are the nicest areas of London?
The 10 Best Neighborhoods in London for Tourists
- Covent Garden.
- Kensington, Belgravia, & Chelsea.
- Westminster & St James.
- Soho & Leicester Square.
- Camden Town & Primrose Hill.
- The City.
- Mayfair and Marylebone.
- East End/Spitalfields.
Which part of London is posh?
Zone 1 West London is posh and expensive, as is Zone 1 east to be fair.
What’s the richest area in London?
The 10 most expensive London boroughs
- Westminster – £3,099,172.
- Kensington and Chelsea – £2,080,134.
- Camden – £1,858,738.
- Hammersmith and Fulham – £964,013.
- Hackney – £933,006.
- Richmond upon Thames – £838,527.
- Lambeth – £834,518.
- Wandsworth – £803,319.
What areas of London should tourists avoid?
The Top 10 Most Dangerous London Boroughs (Updated for 2019)
- 10) Hackney. The London Borough of Hackney is an area of Inner London which spans parts of East London and North London.
- 9) Croydon. Croydon is a South London borough located just over nine miles from Charing Cross.
- 8) Brent.
- 7) Haringey.
- 6) Tower Hamlets.
- 5) Lambeth.
- 4) Southwark.
- 3) Camden.
Is West London posh?
West London is typically seen as the more posh side of the city, while East London is known for being a bit more gritty.
What’s the longest running West End musical?
|3||The Phantom of the Opera||13,629|
|4||The Woman in Black||12,326|