- 1 Who owns Thompson and Morgan Seed Company?
- 2 Are Dobies and Suttons the same company?
- 3 Are Thompson and Morgan still delivering?
- 4 Where is Thompson and Morgan based?
- 5 What was Dobbies called before?
- 6 Has Dobbies taken over wyevale?
- 7 Who owns Dobies of Devon?
- 8 How do I get in touch with Thompson and Morgan?
- 9 How do I leave a review on Thompson and Morgan?
- 10 Are Garden Centres open in UK?
- 11 Do Thompson and Morgan do gift vouchers?
- 12 When should I plant tomato seeds?
Who owns Thompson and Morgan Seed Company?
Ipswich-based Thompson & Morgan (T&M), which was founded in 1855, has been acquired for an undisclosed sum by BVG Group, based at Brecon, Powys, which also owns the Clifford James brand.
Are Dobies and Suttons the same company?
Suttons and Dobies are the same company, as are Marshalls and Unwins and Mr Fothergill’s and Johnsons.
Are Thompson and Morgan still delivering?
Thompson & Morgan have a large customer base in Northern Ireland and we are committed to finding a way that we can ship there again. Until that time we will be sadly unable to accept orders for live plants and seeds. We make a nominal charge for delivery on orders.
Where is Thompson and Morgan based?
Thompson & Morgan is an independently-owned company based in Ipswich, Suffolk. Founded in 1855, Thompson & Morgan offer English plants, seeds and sundries worldwide through their websites.
What was Dobbies called before?
The business was founded in 1865 by James Dobbie, who created a seeds business named Dobbie & Co. in Renfrew, Scotland.
Has Dobbies taken over wyevale?
British Garden Centres has taken 37 Wyevale sites with a combined asking price of £39m. Dobbies has acquired 37 with a combined asking price of £231m. Blue Diamond has acquired 16 with an asking price of £50m. 10 have been sold to developers including the 2 to be operated by British Garden Centres.
Who owns Dobies of Devon?
T&M has acquired 100% of the share capital of Suttons Seeds Ltd and its 3 brands: Suttons, Dobies and the Organic Catalogue. Chris Wright, joint MD at Thompson and Morgan, says Suttons will remain in Paignton, its traditional home.
How do I get in touch with Thompson and Morgan?
Phone number: 0333 400 0033.
How do I leave a review on Thompson and Morgan?
Writing a product review
- In order to write a review on a Thompson & Morgan product you will need to login first.
- Select a product that you wish to review.
- Select the Review Tab on the product page as illustrated.
- Write your review and give a star rating: 1 – very poor 2 – poor 3 – average 4 – good 5 – very good.
Are Garden Centres open in UK?
The rules state: “Essential retail such as food shops, supermarkets, pharmacies, garden centres, building merchants and suppliers of building products and off-licences” can remain open.
Do Thompson and Morgan do gift vouchers?
If we have supplied you with a credit slip or goodwill voucher then these are categorised as gift vouchers.
When should I plant tomato seeds?
Sow your tomato seeds in March or April, approximately 6-8 weeks before the final frost of the winter, or earlier if you’re growing your tomatoes in a greenhouse. Sprinkle the seed thinly onto good quality seed compost. Cover with 1.5mm of compost and water lightly with a fine-rose watering can.