- 1 How much did Stephen Sutton raise?
- 2 What is the most ever raised on JustGiving?
- 3 What is the largest amount raised on JustGiving?
- 4 How safe is just giving?
- 5 Does just giving make money?
- 6 What happens to just giving money?
- 7 Does JustGiving take cuts of donations?
- 8 Is Go Fund Me or just giving better?
- 9 How much has Captain Tom raised just giving?
How much did Stephen Sutton raise?
A plate which appeared on a Virgin train named after teenager Stephen Sutton is to be auctioned for charity. Stephen raised about £4m for the Teenage Cancer Trust before his death aged 19 in 2014 and fundraising in his memory has continued.
What is the most ever raised on JustGiving?
In April 2020, Captain Tom Moore, by the end of a fundraising walk, had raised £32,796,155 (the most ever raised on the JustGiving platform) by completing one-hundred, 25 metres (82 feet) laps of his garden in Bedfordshire to raise funds for the UK National Health Service (NHS), to aid the NHS during the COVID-19
What is the largest amount raised on JustGiving?
Captain Tom Moore breaks JustGiving fundraising record as total passes £12.8m. Captain Tom Moore, who is raising money for NHS charities, has reached £12.8m as he completed 100 laps of his garden this morning. JustGiving said this is the largest total raised in a single campaign on its platform.
How safe is just giving?
1. Charity funds are protected. The funds in each charity’s account are safe and protected. At JustGiving we maintain trust bank accounts for all projects and causes, which means that all donations to a charity or project are paid into a trust account, held on behalf of the charity, before being passed on.
Does just giving make money?
This voluntary contribution is reinvested in to ensuring our users have a seamless and enjoyable experience using our platform. We then deduct the payment processing fee on each donation of 1.9% + 20p. If the donation is made is a currency other than GBP, the processing fee becomes 2.9% + 20p.
What happens to just giving money?
We send it to the Charity Once a week the money that you raise on your page is sent to the cause you have chosen to support, minus our small charges and the transaction costs that all payment providers charge.
Does JustGiving take cuts of donations?
We have done away with a 5% fee taken from the donation, instead we are now asking donors to add a small tip on top of their donation to keep us running and improving. The only fee deducted from the donation is a card processing that is standard for each transaction made through our site.
Is Go Fund Me or just giving better?
GoFundMe is the safest crowdfunding platform thanks to the GoFundMe Guarantee – the first and only donation protection guarantee in the crowdfunding industry and a welcome JustGiving alternative that offers reassurance to users.
How much has Captain Tom raised just giving?
In April this year, Captain Tom Moore captured the heart of the nation, as well as the headlines, and made fundraising history after raising £32.8 million for NHS Charities Together.