- 1 What Tube line is Hackney Central on?
- 2 Does Hackney have a tube station?
- 3 What line is Hackney Downs on?
- 4 What line is London Fields station on?
- 5 How do I get from Hackney to central London?
- 6 How safe is Hackney?
- 7 How do I get to Hackney Downs Station?
- 8 Does Hackney Downs station have a lift?
- 9 Is London Fields a good place to live?
What Tube line is Hackney Central on?
Hackney Central is a London Overground station on the North London line in Hackney Central, Greater London.
Does Hackney have a tube station?
Hackney’s lack of a tube station is, like so much else in the physical fabric of London, a historical accident: if things had played out slightly differently, at any one of several different points in time, it would have had a tube decades ago. Hackney is the bit in red: Image: CityMetric/Google.
What line is Hackney Downs on?
Hackney Downs is a northeast London station on the London Overground line, and is in Travelcard Zone 2.
What line is London Fields station on?
London Fields is a London Overground station on the Lea Valley Lines, serving the district of London Fields in the London Borough of Hackney, east London.
How do I get from Hackney to central London?
The nearest station to the Hackney Empire is Hackney Central. This is on the London Overground line from Richmond/Clapham Junction to Stratford. To get there from Gloucester Road, take the Piccadilly Line to Kings Cross, then the Victoria Line to Highbury and Islington, from where you can pick up the Overground.
How safe is Hackney?
While Hackney has a lower-than-average crime rate for criminal damage, arson and shoplifting, it has an average rate for most crimes committed in the area. London, on the whole, is very safe, but with a higher-than-average rate for robbery and theft from the person, residents’ No.
How do I get to Hackney Downs Station?
The nearest stations to Hackney Downs are:
- Hackney Downs Station (N) is 22 meters away, 1 min walk.
- Amhurst Road / Dalston Lane (P) is 101 meters away, 2 min walk.
- Pembury Circus (Y) is 224 meters away, 4 min walk.
- Royal Oak Road (Z) is 549 meters away, 8 min walk.
- Hackney Central is 559 meters away, 8 min walk.
Does Hackney Downs station have a lift?
When I moved back to London, the station was very simple with a crude concrete footbridge. It has since acquired a step-free footbridge with lifts. A high level walkway has also been built to connect Platform 1 at Hackney Downs station.
Is London Fields a good place to live?
London Fields in Hackney is a pretty awesome spot to live in London. If you’re not lucky enough to live there though it’s a great area for a city day trip too. The call of Broadway Market or a swim in the Lido, it’s impossible to resist. But the neighbourhood has so many other tricks and treasures up its sleeve.