- 1 Is Tower Hamlets the poorest borough?
- 2 What is Tower Hamlets known for?
- 3 Why is Tower Hamlets so poor?
- 4 How many mosques are in Tower Hamlets?
- 5 What is the richest part of London?
- 6 Is Tower Hamlets a safe area?
- 7 What is the most dangerous borough in London?
- 8 Why is it called Tower Hamlets?
- 9 Is Tower Hamlets a town?
- 10 Is Poplar a safe place to live?
- 11 What are the bad parts of London?
- 12 What is poplar like to live in?
- 13 Which borough is Mile End in?
- 14 How do I get to Tower Hamlets?
- 15 Which part of London is Canary Wharf?
Is Tower Hamlets the poorest borough?
Tower Hamlets remains highly deprived relative to other London Boroughs. Tower Hamlets is the most deprived borough in London on three of the five summary measures (the average score, the extent and the most deprived ten per cent measures).
What is Tower Hamlets known for?
Tower Hamlets has a rich and colourful history. It has always been known as the heart of the East End of London. Evidence exists of humans in the area for many thousands of years – axes and other implements from the Stone and Bronze ages have been found.
Why is Tower Hamlets so poor?
Today, Tower Hamlets is one of the most unequal places to live in the UK. Many of the things that may contribute to making a family poor such as health issues, discrimination, or a lack of skills, are also likely to make someone less successful in a competitive job market.
How many mosques are in Tower Hamlets?
Tower Hamlets has the highest proportion of Muslims in England outnumbering Christians, and has more than forty mosques and Islamic centres, including the East London Mosque, Britain’s biggest mosque.
What is the richest part of London?
The 10 most expensive London boroughs
- Westminster – £3,099,172.
- Kensington and Chelsea – £2,080,134.
- Camden – £1,858,738.
- Hammersmith and Fulham – £964,013.
- Hackney – £933,006.
- Richmond upon Thames – £838,527.
- Lambeth – £834,518.
- Wandsworth – £803,319.
Is Tower Hamlets a safe area?
Tower Hamlets is an East London borough which was created when the former boroughs of Stepney, Poplar and Bethnal Green were merged in 1965. Last year, 34,785 crimes were committed in Tower Hamlets, making it the eighth most dangerous borough in London – with a crime rate per 1,000 of 110.
What is the most dangerous borough in London?
When the population of a borough is considered the borough with the highest rate of crime per person remains Westminster with 192.8 crimes for every 1,000 people, second highest is Kensington and Chelsea ((112.7 per 1,000 people) and third Camden (117 per 1,000 people).
Why is it called Tower Hamlets?
Just east of the City of London, Tower Hamlets gets its name from being the home of the Tower of London and the hamlets surrounding it. Its first recorded use was in the 16th century when the Constable of the Tower of London also commanded the Tower Hamlet Militia as the Lord Lieutenant of Tower Hamlets.
Is Tower Hamlets a town?
Tower Hamlets, inner borough of London, England, extending eastward from the Tower of London and including most of the East End of Inner London. The meandering River Thames forms the southern boundary, the City of London lies to the west, Hackney is to the north, and Newham lies beyond the River Lea to the east.
Is Poplar a safe place to live?
I’ve lived in Poplar for 12 years, in what is probably the dodgiest looking part. It’s safe. There are very few vaguely dangerous areas of London left. Poplar is quite multicultural but it’s safe.
What are the bad parts of London?
Most Dangerous Areas In London
- Westminster – Crime rate 321.4 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Camden – Crime rate 154.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Kensington and Chelsea – Crime rate 153.9 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Hammersmith and Fulham – Crime rate 129.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
What is poplar like to live in?
Living in Poplar gives you access to the best of the Docklands and is more affordable than nearby Canary Wharf. With a strong sense of community, excellent art on show and a range of funky and fresh restaurants, Poplar is quickly becoming one of East London’s prime hotspots.
Which borough is Mile End in?
|London borough||Tower Hamlets|
|Ceremonial county||Greater London|
How do I get to Tower Hamlets?
The nearest stations to Tower Hamlets are:
- Lowell Street (LJ) is 398 meters away, 6 min walk.
- Westferry is 586 meters away, 8 min walk.
- East India Dock Road (WR) is 700 meters away, 9 min walk.
- Limehouse is 730 meters away, 10 min walk.
- Essex House is 3741 meters away, 48 min walk.
Which part of London is Canary Wharf?
Canary Wharf is the secondary central business district of London located on the Isle of Dogs in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.