- 1 Is Waltham Forest dangerous?
- 2 What areas does Waltham Forest cover?
- 3 Is Waltham Forest a good college?
- 4 What is Walthamstow famous for?
- 5 What’s the worst part of London?
- 6 Is Higham Hill safe?
- 7 How can I contact Waltham Forest Council?
- 8 Is Waltham Forest a county?
- 9 Which council is Walthamstow?
- 10 Where is Waltham Forest College?
- 11 Is Walthamstow posh?
- 12 What days are Walthamstow market open?
- 13 What is there to do in Walthamstow today?
Is Waltham Forest dangerous?
1) The criminal hotspot of Waltham Forest – High Street – 215. High Street is where the most amount of crime was reported in the borough. There are 11 crimes per 1000 people in High Street. Anti-social behaviour (48) and violence and sexual offences (44) are the highest reported.
What areas does Waltham Forest cover?
Waltham Forest, in north-east London, is one of the greenest boroughs north of the River Thames. It’s made up of three neighbourhoods: Chingford in the north, Walthamstow in the centre and Leyton and Leytonstone in the south. It is a diverse borough, with 62 per cent of residents being from minority ethnic backgrounds.
Is Waltham Forest a good college?
Waltham Forest College ranked #1 London College for learner satisfaction. In 2018 the College ranked in the top 3% of overall Further Education Colleges in the UK placing them ahead of all other London colleges with an 87% score in learner satisfaction.
What is Walthamstow famous for?
One of its most famous residents was the writer, poet, designer and socialist William Morris, who was born there on 24 March 1834, and lived there for several years. His former house in Walthamstow is a museum dedicated to his life and works, while the grounds of the house are a public park (Lloyd Park in Forest Road).
What’s the worst part of London?
Most Dangerous Areas In London Westminster – Crime rate 321.4 crimes per 1,000 people. Camden – Crime rate 154.2 crimes per 1,000 people. Kensington and Chelsea – Crime rate 153.9 crimes per 1,000 people. Hammersmith and Fulham – Crime rate 129.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
Is Higham Hill safe?
The category of crime that most concerns people is violent crime. We have taken the ten nearest place to Higham Hill and ranked them according to the number of violent incidents in the ‘best fit’ Policing neighbourhood. Most violent places near Higham Hill.
How can I contact Waltham Forest Council?
Social services for children, young people and families
- Phone 020 8496 2310 (Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5.15pm and Friday, 9am to 5pm)
- Phone 020 8496 3000 (out of hours)
- Minicom 020 8496 3010.
- Fax 020 8496 2313.
- Email wfdliaison@ walthamforest.gov.uk.
Is Waltham Forest a county?
Waltham Forest belongs to the historic county of Essex. The borough was established in 1965 by the amalgamation of the former boroughs of Chingford, Leyton, and Walthamstow.
Which council is Walthamstow?
Waltham Forest London Borough Council is the local authority for the London Borough of Waltham Forest in London, England which has existed since the London Government Act 1963 was commenced in 1965, replacing three local authorities: Chingford Borough Council, Leyton Borough Council and Walthamstow Borough Council.
Where is Waltham Forest College?
Waltham Forest College is a further education college in Walthamstow, London, England. It is a medium-sized institution with 1,260 young learners on full-time study programmes, 2,450 mostly part-time adult learners, and smaller numbers on apprenticeships, as of 2018.
Is Walthamstow posh?
Property pundits have been plugging Walthamstow for years, to no avail. It remains one of the best value (cue “by London standards” klaxon), nicest places within relatively easy reach of central London.
What days are Walthamstow market open?
The market is open: Tuesday-Friday, 8am-5pm. Saturday, 8am-5.30pm.
What is there to do in Walthamstow today?
Here are my favourite things to do in Walthamstow:
- Walthamstow Wetlands. Walthamstow Wetlands.
- Mirth, Marvel and Maud (the old Walthamstow cinema)
- William Morris Gallery.
- L Manze pie and mash shop.
- God’s Own Junkyard.
- Walthamstow Village.
- Walthamstow Market.
- Ravenswood Industrial Estate.