- 1 Where should I stay in London for the first time?
- 2 Which part of London is the best?
- 3 What areas of London should tourists avoid?
- 4 What are the safest areas in London?
- 5 How many days are enough for London?
- 6 What is the cheapest month to travel to London?
- 7 What’s the richest area in London?
- 8 Where do rich people live in London?
- 9 How can I stay in London for free?
- 10 Which areas of London are dangerous?
- 11 What are the bad parts of London?
- 12 Is London safe at night?
- 13 Is London more dangerous than New York?
- 14 Which areas in London are up and coming?
- 15 Why is Westminster so dangerous?
Where should I stay in London for the first time?
Proximity to Hyde Park, Green Park, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and Westminster Abbey are all reasons why Mayfair is the best area to stay in London for first time visitors to the city.
Which part of London is the best?
Below we have reviewed 13 of the most highly-ranked areas in London for families.
- Isle of Dogs. It’s not actually an island, but this area in East London is situated in a large meander on the River Thames.
- East Finchley.
- Notting Hill.
What areas of London should tourists avoid?
The Top 10 Most Dangerous London Boroughs (Updated for 2019)
- 10) Hackney. The London Borough of Hackney is an area of Inner London which spans parts of East London and North London.
- 9) Croydon. Croydon is a South London borough located just over nine miles from Charing Cross.
- 8) Brent.
- 7) Haringey.
- 6) Tower Hamlets.
- 5) Lambeth.
- 4) Southwark.
- 3) Camden.
What are the safest areas in London?
10 safest places to live in London in 2021
- 5: Sutton: 12,100 crimes – 58.38 per 1,000.
- 4: Kingston upon Thames: 10,507 crimes – 58.16 per 1,000.
- 3: Bexley: 14,389 crimes – 57.70 per 1,000.
- 2: Harrow: 14,578 crimes – 57.22 per 1,000.
- 1: Richmond upon Thames: 11,336 crimes – 56.68 per 1,000.
How many days are enough for London?
For first-time visitors, I recommend spending at least 3- 4 days in London. This should give you sufficient time to get acquainted with the city, see the main landmarks and visit a few tourist attractions in London. Also, don’t try to see ‘everything’. This is simply not possible and will leave you tired and frustrated.
What is the cheapest month to travel to London?
Flights. According to Cheapflights.com, the best time for bargains on flights to London is during September and October. Frommer’s indicates that November 1 to December 12, and December 25 through March 14 are other times to get the best airfare bargains.
What’s the richest area in London?
The 10 most expensive London boroughs
- Westminster – £3,099,172.
- Kensington and Chelsea – £2,080,134.
- Camden – £1,858,738.
- Hammersmith and Fulham – £964,013.
- Hackney – £933,006.
- Richmond upon Thames – £838,527.
- Lambeth – £834,518.
- Wandsworth – £803,319.
Where do rich people live in London?
Over the past year, London saw its billionaire population increase by one. Some London billionaires live on Kensington Palace Gardens, known as Billionaire’s Boulevard, the most expensive street in Britain.
How can I stay in London for free?
Looking for a Free Place to Stay in London?
- Live a different life in a different place. Image-Barterquest.com.
- Guardians Property on Live-in Guardians.
- Beautiful workaway property near London.
- Couchsurfing.org mobile app.
Which areas of London are dangerous?
- Hackney – 4,140. The East London borough of Hackney is the fifth most dangerous borough in London according to Metropolitan Police data from January and February.
- Southwark – 4,192.
- Tower Hamlets – 4,572.
- Newham – 4,733.
- Croydon – 4,781.
What are the bad parts of London?
According to Churchill Security, the most dangerous areas in London are:
- Westminster – Crime rate 321.4 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Camden – Crime rate 154.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Kensington and Chelsea – Crime rate 153.9 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Hammersmith and Fulham – Crime rate 129.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
Is London safe at night?
Stay Safe in London London is generally a very safe to place to navigate, even at night, though it never hurts to keep your common sense and your wits about you. Here are some top tips for helping you to stay safe after an evening at the theatre, a night on the tiles or a session of burning the midnight oil.
Is London more dangerous than New York?
Compared to the population at the time, that meant London was suffering 2.7 homicides per 100,000 people. By 2017, that figure had dropped to 1.48 per 100,000. And that’s still much lower than New York. In 2017, London saw 116 murders, while New York’s death toll was 292.
Which areas in London are up and coming?
Here’s our list of London’s top 5 up and coming areas that you should keep your eyes on in 2018.
- Nunhead, Southwark.
- Stoke Newington, Hackney.
- Woolwich, Greenwich.
- Acton, Ealing.
- Crystal Palace.
Why is Westminster so dangerous?
Westminster enjoys the title of being Europe’s largest nighttime economy, but also has the capital’s highest crime rates, somewhat due to tourist activity, thereby boosting petty-crime rates. Theft and handling is by far the most reported crime in Westminster, with over 26,000 incidents reported from 2015-2016 alone.