- 1 Which zone is Chancery Lane?
- 2 Which part of London is Holborn?
- 3 What zone is Angel?
- 4 Which is zone 1 in London?
- 5 What areas of London should tourists avoid?
- 6 Is Holborn London safe?
- 7 Where should I stay in London?
- 8 Which is the longest escalator in London Underground?
- 9 Which tube station has the most escalators?
- 10 Which London Underground station has the most platforms?
- 11 What are Zones 1 to 6 in London?
- 12 Is Kings Cross Zone 1?
- 13 How do I find my zone in London?
Which zone is Chancery Lane?
The station is on the Central line, between St. Paul’s and Holborn stations, within fare zone 1.
Which part of London is Holborn?
Holborn (/ˈhoʊbən/ HOH-bə(r)n or /ˈhɒlbərn/) is a district in central London, which covers the south-eastern part of the London Borough of Camden and a part (St Andrew Holborn Below the Bars), of the Ward of Farringdon Without in the City of London.
What zone is Angel?
Angel is a London Underground station in the Angel area of the London Borough of Islington. It is on the Bank branch of the Northern line, between Old Street and King’s Cross St. Pancras stations, in Travelcard Zone 1.
Which is zone 1 in London?
Zone 1 covers the West End, the Holborn district, Kensington, Paddington and the City of London, as well as Old Street, Angel, Pimlico, Tower Gateway, Aldgate East, Euston, Vauxhall, Elephant & Castle, Borough, London Bridge, Earl’s Court, Marylebone, Edgware Road, Lambeth North and Waterloo.
What areas of London should tourists avoid?
The Top 10 Most Dangerous London Boroughs (Updated for 2019)
- 10) Hackney. The London Borough of Hackney is an area of Inner London which spans parts of East London and North London.
- 9) Croydon. Croydon is a South London borough located just over nine miles from Charing Cross.
- 8) Brent.
- 7) Haringey.
- 6) Tower Hamlets.
- 5) Lambeth.
- 4) Southwark.
- 3) Camden.
Is Holborn London safe?
Holborn has a high violent crime rate and a high property crime rate for London.
Where should I stay in London?
The 10 Best Neighborhoods in London for Tourists
- Covent Garden.
- Kensington, Belgravia, & Chelsea.
- Westminster & St James.
- Soho & Leicester Square.
- Camden Town & Primrose Hill.
- The City.
- Mayfair and Marylebone.
- East End/Spitalfields.
Which is the longest escalator in London Underground?
Angel has the Underground’s longest escalator at 60m/197ft, with a vertical rise of 27.5m. 8. The shortest escalator is Stratford, with a vertical rise of 4.1m.
Which tube station has the most escalators?
Popular facts and figures
|Station with most escalators||Waterloo – 23|
|Longest escalator||Angel – 60 metres|
|Shortest escalator||Stratford – 4.1 metres|
|Total number of passenger lifts ☝️||202|
Which London Underground station has the most platforms?
Baker Street Has the most platforms of any tube station – 10.
What are Zones 1 to 6 in London?
Within London, all London Underground, National Rail, London Overground, TfL Rail and Docklands Light Railway stations are assigned to six fare zones. Fare zone 1 covers the central area and fare zones 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 form concentric rings around it.
Is Kings Cross Zone 1?
Find the stories you want to read, and more, in your inbox. Find out more. King’s Cross St Pancras is officially London’s most stressful Tube station. The Zone 1 London Underground stop topped a list that included Bank and Monument, Stratford and Waterloo.
How do I find my zone in London?
You can see the zone on the tube map. The zones are marked in either white or grey. Scroll around or type in a station name in the search box to see the zone.