- 1 Where should I stay in London for the first time?
- 2 Which part of London is the best?
- 3 Where should I avoid staying in London?
- 4 What are the safest areas in London?
- 5 What is the cheapest month to travel to London?
- 6 How many days in London is enough?
- 7 Where should I stay in London to walk everywhere?
- 8 Where do rich people live in London?
- 9 What’s the richest area in London?
- 10 Which areas of London are dangerous?
- 11 Is London safe at night?
- 12 Where is the posh part of London?
- 13 Is London more dangerous than New York?
- 14 Which areas in London are up and coming?
- 15 Why is Westminster so dangerous?
Where should I stay in London for the first time?
Proximity to Hyde Park, Green Park, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and Westminster Abbey are all reasons why Mayfair is the best area to stay in London for first time visitors to the city.
Which part of London is the best?
Below we have reviewed 13 of the most highly-ranked areas in London for families.
- Isle of Dogs. It’s not actually an island, but this area in East London is situated in a large meander on the River Thames.
- East Finchley.
- Notting Hill.
Where should I avoid staying in London?
11 Places You Should Avoid on Any Trip to London
- Restaurants In Leicester Square. Home to London’s theatreland and film premieres, Leicester Square is a hit with tourists.
- Oxford Street.
- City of London (On A Weekend)
- Large Commercial Shopping Centres.
- Canary Wharf.
- The London Eye (for views)
- The Shard (for views)
- Madame Tussauds.
What are the safest areas in London?
10 safest places to live in London in 2021
- 5: Sutton: 12,100 crimes – 58.38 per 1,000.
- 4: Kingston upon Thames: 10,507 crimes – 58.16 per 1,000.
- 3: Bexley: 14,389 crimes – 57.70 per 1,000.
- 2: Harrow: 14,578 crimes – 57.22 per 1,000.
- 1: Richmond upon Thames: 11,336 crimes – 56.68 per 1,000.
What is the cheapest month to travel to London?
Flights. According to Cheapflights.com, the best time for bargains on flights to London is during September and October. Frommer’s indicates that November 1 to December 12, and December 25 through March 14 are other times to get the best airfare bargains.
How many days in London is enough?
For first-time visitors, I recommend spending at least 3- 4 days in London. This should give you sufficient time to get acquainted with the city, see the main landmarks and visit a few tourist attractions in London. Also, don’t try to see ‘everything’.
Where should I stay in London to walk everywhere?
Safest Areas of London Mayfair, South Kensington, Knightsbridge, Belgravia, Chelsea – all these are largely safe to walk around any time of day. Bloomsbury and Fitzrovia are also very safe, but standard precautions apply at night. Covent Garden is generally fine but things can get lively late on weekend nights.
Where do rich people live in London?
Over the past year, London saw its billionaire population increase by one. Some London billionaires live on Kensington Palace Gardens, known as Billionaire’s Boulevard, the most expensive street in Britain.
What’s the richest area in London?
The 10 most expensive London boroughs
- Westminster – £3,099,172.
- Kensington and Chelsea – £2,080,134.
- Camden – £1,858,738.
- Hammersmith and Fulham – £964,013.
- Hackney – £933,006.
- Richmond upon Thames – £838,527.
- Lambeth – £834,518.
- Wandsworth – £803,319.
Which areas of London are dangerous?
- Hackney – 4,140. The East London borough of Hackney is the fifth most dangerous borough in London according to Metropolitan Police data from January and February.
- Southwark – 4,192.
- Tower Hamlets – 4,572.
- Newham – 4,733.
- Croydon – 4,781.
Is London safe at night?
Stay Safe in London London is generally a very safe to place to navigate, even at night, though it never hurts to keep your common sense and your wits about you. Here are some top tips for helping you to stay safe after an evening at the theatre, a night on the tiles or a session of burning the midnight oil.
Where is the posh part of London?
Knightsbridge is one of the poshest neighborhoods in the world. It is home to fashion stores, the world-renowned department store, Harrods, and banks that cater to wealthy individuals. Many of the world’s richest people call Knightsbridge home and it has some of the most expensive properties.
Is London more dangerous than New York?
Compared to the population at the time, that meant London was suffering 2.7 homicides per 100,000 people. By 2017, that figure had dropped to 1.48 per 100,000. And that’s still much lower than New York. In 2017, London saw 116 murders, while New York’s death toll was 292.
Which areas in London are up and coming?
Here’s our list of London’s top 5 up and coming areas that you should keep your eyes on in 2018.
- Nunhead, Southwark.
- Stoke Newington, Hackney.
- Woolwich, Greenwich.
- Acton, Ealing.
- Crystal Palace.
Why is Westminster so dangerous?
Westminster enjoys the title of being Europe’s largest nighttime economy, but also has the capital’s highest crime rates, somewhat due to tourist activity, thereby boosting petty-crime rates. Theft and handling is by far the most reported crime in Westminster, with over 26,000 incidents reported from 2015-2016 alone.