- 1 What is there to eat at Borough Market?
- 2 What is the best day to go to Borough Market?
- 3 What days does borough market open?
- 4 Is Borough Market cash only?
- 5 What should I buy at Borough Market?
- 6 Is Borough Market open during lockdown?
- 7 What is Borough Market famous for?
- 8 What stalls are at Borough Market?
- 9 Can you walk across the London Bridge?
- 10 Why is Borough Market closed on Sunday?
- 11 Is Borough Market Safe?
- 12 What tube station is Borough Market?
What is there to eat at Borough Market?
Best Street Food in Borough Market
- Roast Hog. The roast pork sandwiches at Roast Hog start out with a whole hot on the spit (Photo by Savored Journeys)
- Nana Fanny’s. Nana Fanny’s falafel wraps are a nice light option (photo by Savored Journeys)
- Soul Food.
- Bread Ahead.
- Hobbs Meat Roast.
What is the best day to go to Borough Market?
The best time to visit is between 10am to midday Wednesday to Friday; and 8am to midday on Saturday. Yes, Saturdays are the liveliest, but also the most crowded. Alternatively, go at around 4pm.
What days does borough market open?
When is Borough Market open? We are open Monday to Saturday, closed on Sundays and some public holidays.
Is Borough Market cash only?
Mostly cash but there are plenty of ATM’s around the market. You will be better off just using cash.
What should I buy at Borough Market?
16 reasons to visit the Borough Markets of London
- Fresh produce.
- Duck confit.
Is Borough Market open during lockdown?
Borough Market remains open as an essential retailer, with social distancing measures in place.
What is Borough Market famous for?
One of the most famous places to visit in London, especially if you love to eat, is Borough Market. The market was established in 1885, and it’s one of the most renowned markets in London for artisan prepared food, and fresh organic produce.
What stalls are at Borough Market?
- Alpine Deli. Charcuterie from South Tyrol.
- Alsop & Walker. Cheeses from East Sussex.
- Applebee’s Fish. Fishmongers and cafe.
- Applebee’s Fishbox. Grilled seafood tortillas, skewers and kebabs.
- Arabica Bar & Kitchen. Middle Eastern meze and Levantine-inspired cocktails.
- Arabica To Go.
- Artisan du Chocolat.
- Artisan Foods.
Can you walk across the London Bridge?
It is totally free to walk across the bridge. You can also time your walk to coincide with the lifting of the drawbridge. Both are top free things to do in London.
Why is Borough Market closed on Sunday?
It is pretty much closed during the week! Re Sundays, presumably it’s a licensing issue, though also the difficulties of Sunday travel for some traders might be a factor.
Is Borough Market Safe?
Borough Market has remained open since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, providing the local community with access to essential produce. Throughout this time, the Market’s main priority has been to keep customers, traders and staff as safe as possible.
What tube station is Borough Market?
The nearest stations are London Bridge, Borough and Southwark. The nearest station is London Bridge, which is about a four-minute walk away. You can reach Borough Market via routes 43, 141, 149 and 521.