- 1 Which part of London is Hounslow?
- 2 Is Hounslow North or South London?
- 3 How far is Hounslow from London?
- 4 How dangerous is Hounslow?
- 5 Is Chiswick a posh area?
- 6 Is Hounslow a rough area?
- 7 What is the most dangerous borough in London?
- 8 Which zone is Hounslow?
- 9 Is Hounslow a nice area to live?
- 10 Is Hounslow safe at night?
- 11 What is Hounslow famous for?
- 12 Where were the worst places for highwaymen in London?
- 13 Is Feltham a good place to live?
Which part of London is Hounslow?
The London Borough of Hounslow is located in west London. As well as being home to Hounslow, the borough includes Chiswick, Brentford, Osterley Park, Syon House and the London Museum of Water and Steam. It borders the River Thames to the south east.
Is Hounslow North or South London?
The London Borough of Hounslow is a west London based London borough that generates a section of outside of London. The borough comes from the central London area in the east side to the border with west side Surrey and it covers Isleworth, Brentford, and Chiswick in addition to the original Hounslow area.
How far is Hounslow from London?
The distance between London and Hounslow is 11 miles.
How dangerous is Hounslow?
1) The criminal hotspot of Hounslow – Hounslow Town Centre – 248. Hounslow Town Centre is where the most amount of crime was reported in the borough with 248 crimes in August. Anti-social behaviour (46) and violence and sexual offences (50) are the highest reported. There were 39 cases reported of shoplifting.
Is Chiswick a posh area?
A district in West London, Chiswick is an affluent area with suburbs including Bedford Park, Grove Park and Strand-on-the-Green. It is bordered by Hammersmith in the east, South Acton in the London Borough of Ealing in the north and Brentford to the west.
Is Hounslow a rough area?
Nothing wrong with Hounslow, it’s just a little rough around the edges and bit out of the way for visiting central London. But if you just want cheap and cheerful an Etap Hotel is as good as any.
What is the most dangerous borough in London?
Crime numbers in each borough: When the population of a borough is considered the borough with the highest rate of crime per person remains Westminster with 192.8 crimes for every 1,000 people, second highest is Kensington and Chelsea ((112.7 per 1,000 people) and third Camden (117 per 1,000 people).
Which zone is Hounslow?
The station is on the Heathrow branch of the Piccadilly line, between Hounslow West and Hounslow East stations. The station is located on Lampton Road ( A3005 ) about 500m north of Hounslow High Street and close to Lampton Park. It is in Travelcard Zone 4.
Is Hounslow a nice area to live?
Hounslow, Brent and Harrow are all among Britain’s five most miserable places to live, according to a new survey. Hounslow comes 129th out of 130 areas rated in the property website Rightmove’s annual Happy at Home Index, with Brent 128th and Harrow 127th.
Is Hounslow safe at night?
I was there in Hounslow more than year, usually it’s safe and there is lot Indians living in East hounslow, central Hounslow and west Hounslow. However, when you hangout with your friends in late night, and if your not a English, there are chance local English teens may abuse you verbally..
What is Hounslow famous for?
Hounslow is most famous for the fact that Heathrow Airport is located right next to the borough.
- Hounslow Urban Farm.
- Fuller’s Griffin Brewery.
- Chiswick House and Gardens.
- Brentford FC at Griffin Park.
- Musical Museum.
- Osterley Park.
- London Museum of Water and Steam.
Where were the worst places for highwaymen in London?
Dangerous places English highwaymen often laid in wait on the main roads radiating from London. They usually chose lonely areas of heathland or woodland. Hounslow Heath was a favourite haunt: it was crossed by the roads to Bath and Exeter. Bagshot Heath in Surrey was another dangerous place on the road to Exeter.
Is Feltham a good place to live?
Feltham is a residential area that is very close to Heathrow Airport, and well-connected to Central London. The area is family-friendly, with affordable property, excellent parks, and good schools.