- 1 How do I get to Greenwich from London?
- 2 Can you get to Greenwich on the tube?
- 3 Can I use my Oyster card on the river boats?
- 4 How do I get to Greenwich Park by Tube?
- 5 Is Greenwich posh?
- 6 How far is Greenwich from London?
- 7 How far is Greenwich station to the O2 arena?
- 8 How far is Greenwich from the O2 Arena?
- 9 What Tube line is North Greenwich on?
- 10 How long is the boat ride from Westminster to Greenwich?
- 11 How much does the Clipper cost?
- 12 Is contactless cheaper than oyster?
- 13 Is Greenwich Park free?
- 14 Does Greenwich Park have toilets?
- 15 What days are Greenwich market open?
How do I get to Greenwich from London?
How to get to Greenwich in London
- Travel from central London to Greenwich by riverboat, train, Tube and DLR.
- The Emirates Air Line cable car connects Greenwich Peninsula to the Royal Docks.
- It takes between 20 and 35 minutes to travel from London City Airport to Greenwich by DLR and Tube.
Can you get to Greenwich on the tube?
The nearest Underground station is North Greenwich, on the Jubilee line, which is just next door to The O2 and Emirates Air Line. It takes about 12 minutes from London Bridge, or 25 minutes from Bond Street. You can of course get here from any tube station though and change at appropriate stations en-route.
Can I use my Oyster card on the river boats?
You can use contactless ( card or device) or an Oyster card on the River Bus service operated by Thames Clippers. Touch in at the start of your journey and touch out at the end on the yellow card readers, and when changing boats, to pay the right fare.
How do I get to Greenwich Park by Tube?
- New Cross Tube Station (East London line closed. Bus service operates) Amersham Vale, London, Lewisham, 28 mins.
- North Greenwich Tube Station. 5 Millennium Way, London, Greenwich, 28 mins.
- New Cross Gate Tube Station (East London line closed. Bus service operates)
Is Greenwich posh?
Steeped in history and rich in culture, Greenwich is one of South London’s most attractive places to live. Home to Greenwich Meantime, the Royal Palaces, a vibrant marketplace, and an abundance of trendy hangouts, there will never be a dull moment living in Greenwich.
How far is Greenwich from London?
Distance between London and Greenwich is 8.35 km. This distance is equal to 5.19 miles, and 4.5 nautical miles.
How far is Greenwich station to the O2 arena?
The distance between Greenwich Station and The O2 Arena is 2 miles.
How far is Greenwich from the O2 Arena?
The distance between Greenwich and The O2 Arena is 2 miles.
What Tube line is North Greenwich on?
Tube information North Greenwich station is on the Jubilee Line in Zones 2 and 3. And it’s right on our doorstep. Get here from Central London in 20 minutes.
How long is the boat ride from Westminster to Greenwich?
Benefit from the comfort of a modern but traditional vessel. Head to the open deck for panoramic views of London’s landmarks. A full Westminster to Greenwich cruise takes approximately 1 hour, while a return cruise takes 2 hours in total.
How much does the Clipper cost?
Single & Return
|Zone||Single Oyster/ Online/App||Single with Travelcard|
|Central & East||£8.20||£7.15|
|Central & West||£8.50||£7.15|
Is contactless cheaper than oyster?
As a general rule a Travelcard is more expensive than an Oyster card or Contactless payment card. The exception is if you make 3 or more journeys for 6 days or more within a 7 day period.
Is Greenwich Park free?
Originally used as a royal hunting ground, Greenwich Park is now a wonderful free green space in London for picturesque strolls and picnics under chestnut and oak trees.
Does Greenwich Park have toilets?
Facilities at Greenwich Park There are toilets on Blackheath Avenue, by Blackheath Gate, in the Children’s playground and inside the old Royal Observatory.
What days are Greenwich market open?
Greenwich Market is fondly regarded as one of London’s best covered market. The market is open daily from Monday to Sunday and the space is available to hire for events and receptions on Monday during day time and in the evenings.