- 1 Which Tube line is Camden Town on?
- 2 How do I get to Camden Market by tube?
- 3 How do I get to Camden Town?
- 4 Is Camden Town tube open?
- 5 What is Camden Market famous for?
- 6 Is Camden market open during lockdown?
- 7 Is Camden Market cash only?
- 8 What do they sell at Camden Market?
- 9 Is Camden Market Safe?
- 10 How far is Camden from central London?
- 11 How far is Camden from Kings Cross?
- 12 What zone is Camden Road?
- 13 What is the closest train station to Camden?
- 14 Which part of London is Camden?
- 15 Is chalkfarm open?
Which Tube line is Camden Town on?
Camden Town is a London Underground station on the Northern line. It is a major junction for the line, as it is where the Edgware and High Barnet branches merge from the north, and is also where they split to the south into the Bank and Charing Cross branches for the journey through Central London.
How do I get to Camden Market by tube?
If you are travelling by tube, the nearest stations are Camden Town (a two-minute walk away from the Inverness and Buck Street markets ), Chalk Farm (a five-minute walk from the Stables Markets ) Kentish Town (an 11-minute walk from the Camden Lock Market ) or Mornington Crescent (just next to The Regent’s Canal).
How do I get to Camden Town?
The nearest stations to Camden Town are:
- Kentish Town Road (L) is 66 meters away, 2 min walk.
- Camden High Street (CX) is 106 meters away, 2 min walk.
- Camden Town Station (Z1) is 111 meters away, 2 min walk.
- Camden Town Station (X) is 113 meters away, 2 min walk.
Is Camden Town tube open?
No disruptions. There are no reported disruptions at any.
What is Camden Market famous for?
Famed for their cosmopolitan image, products sold on the stalls include crafts, clothing, bric-a-brac, and fast food. It is the fourth-most popular visitor attraction in London, attracting approximately 250,000 people each week.
Is Camden market open during lockdown?
What do you think of lockdown restrictions? Take our survey below. However there is some life still in the area. Along the canal, Camden Street Food Market remains open for business although some traders have doubts about how long it will remain so.
Is Camden Market cash only?
10 answers. The vast majority of the shops and a high proportion of the stalls take cards. There are also several free-to-use cash machines at the Market. Some of the bigger stalls and vendors accept credit cards but some of the smallest vendors may ask for cash only.
What do they sell at Camden Market?
- Shawarma Bar. Kosher Lebanese wraps.
- Traditional Camden Fish & Chips. English seafood at its best.
- Original Salt Beef. New York deli classic.
- Wok Boy. Wok n’ roll noodles.
- Nata 28. Portuguese custard tarts and coffee.
- Sweet Kitty. Feel the sugar rush.
- Baladin Camden. Traditional Italian Cuisine.
- Keff. Keff.
Is Camden Market Safe?
It’s very safe and assuming you’re not an idiot you’ll be more than fine there or anywhere else in the city of London really. Camden town is a tourist hotspot which inflates the crime statistics. Since tourists are often targets for scam artists, pickpockets and muggers.
How far is Camden from central London?
The distance between London and Camden Town is 2 miles.
How far is Camden from Kings Cross?
The distance between London Kings Cross Station and Camden Market is 1 miles.
What zone is Camden Road?
Camden Road railway station in the London Borough of Camden, north London, is operated by London Overground. It is on the North London line and in Travelcard Zone 2.
What is the closest train station to Camden?
The nearest stations to Camden are:
- St Paul’s Catholic Primary School, John St is 114 meters away, 2 min walk.
- John St before Argyle St is 142 meters away, 3 min walk.
- Elizabeth St at Larkin Pl is 179 meters away, 3 min walk.
- Argyle St opp View St is 250 meters away, 4 min walk.
Which part of London is Camden?
Camden, inner borough of London, England, in the historic county of Middlesex. It lies to the north of Westminster and the historic City of London. The borough extends some 5 miles (8 km) from below High Holborn (road) to the northern heights of Hampstead Heath.
Is chalkfarm open?
1. Chalk Farm. This station was, for a while, only open from 7am to 7pm, Monday to Friday. But as of Sunday, October 4 it is now open everyday from 7am to 7pm.