- 1 What borough is Pimlico?
- 2 Is London Victoria safe?
- 3 Which line is Victoria Station on?
- 4 Which part of London is Westminster?
- 5 Is Pimlico a rich area?
- 6 Who lives on Belgrave Square?
- 7 Is it safe to walk at night in London?
- 8 What areas of London should tourists avoid?
- 9 Is Victoria a good place to stay in London?
- 10 Is Victoria on the Piccadilly line?
- 11 How many stops Victoria line?
- 12 Is Kings Cross on the Victoria line?
- 13 Why is Westminster so dangerous?
- 14 What are the bad parts of London?
- 15 What is the richest part of London?
What borough is Pimlico?
Pimlico is within the City of Westminster and bordered by the Royal Borough of Kensington, London Borough of Lambeth and London Borough of Wandsworth, as well as Battersea, Belgravia, Chelsea, Millbank, Nine Elms, Vauxhall and Westminster. Transport around London from Pimlico is simple.
Is London Victoria safe?
Victoria is as safe as anywhere in Zone 1 but it is not especially exciting in terms of places to eat and drink and places to go at night. When I stayed there I usually went to other areas to eat.
Which line is Victoria Station on?
Victoria Underground Station is on the District, Circle and Victoria lines of the Tube network. Victoria Station is near many tourist attractions, including Buckingham Palace and St James’s Park. There are also London hotels near Victoria Station. Use the map to explore the area around Victoria Station.
Which part of London is Westminster?
City of Westminster, inner borough of London, England. It lies on the north bank of the River Thames at the heart of London’s West End. The City of Westminster is flanked to the west by Kensington and Chelsea and to the east by the City of London.
Is Pimlico a rich area?
Located in the borough of Westminster, Pimlico is known for its impressive architecture, and grand garden squares. It is worlds apart from the usual hustle and bustle of Central London, partly because of its beautiful landscapes and green spaces.
Who lives on Belgrave Square?
Here are 10 streets, where everyone from Mozart to Roger Moore once lived or owned a slice of Belgravia. Home to Lord Kitchener, Stewart Granger and Dirk Bogarde, Belgrave Square was the magnificent centrepiece to the Grosvenor Estate.
Is it safe to walk at night in London?
Walking around London at night is fine, even a lot later than 8pm. For a big city London is relatively safe, however like any other big city around the world you should be sensible and have your wits about you at all times after a certain time or in particular suburbs.
What areas of London should tourists avoid?
The Top 10 Most Dangerous London Boroughs (Updated for 2019)
- 10) Hackney. The London Borough of Hackney is an area of Inner London which spans parts of East London and North London.
- 9) Croydon. Croydon is a South London borough located just over nine miles from Charing Cross.
- 8) Brent.
- 7) Haringey.
- 6) Tower Hamlets.
- 5) Lambeth.
- 4) Southwark.
- 3) Camden.
Is Victoria a good place to stay in London?
Right in the centre of the city, Victoria is a great place to stay in London if you are short on time and want to make sure that you see the best parts of the city.
Is Victoria on the Piccadilly line?
1. The easy ‘starter’ is anywhere the Victoria runs alongside the Piccadilly. If your journey starts at any Piccadilly station north of Finsbury Park and you’re heading into central London, change at Finsbury Park for a cross-platform interchange to the Victoria Line. Use the Victoria Line instead of the Overground.
How many stops Victoria line?
The line serves 16 stations and all but Pimlico provide interchanges with other Transport for London or National Rail services. The line, the most intensively used on the Underground, is used by over 200 million passengers each year.
Is Kings Cross on the Victoria line?
King’s Cross St Pancras Underground station links six London Underground lines – Circle, Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City, Northern, Metropolitan and Victoria. This makes it the biggest interchange on the London Underground, and one of the busiest.
Why is Westminster so dangerous?
Westminster enjoys the title of being Europe’s largest nighttime economy, but also has the capital’s highest crime rates, somewhat due to tourist activity, thereby boosting petty-crime rates. Theft and handling is by far the most reported crime in Westminster, with over 26,000 incidents reported from 2015-2016 alone.
What are the bad parts of London?
According to Churchill Security, the most dangerous areas in London are:
- Westminster – Crime rate 321.4 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Camden – Crime rate 154.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Kensington and Chelsea – Crime rate 153.9 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Hammersmith and Fulham – Crime rate 129.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
What is the richest part of London?
The 10 most expensive London boroughs
- Westminster – £3,099,172.
- Kensington and Chelsea – £2,080,134.
- Camden – £1,858,738.
- Hammersmith and Fulham – £964,013.
- Hackney – £933,006.
- Richmond upon Thames – £838,527.
- Lambeth – £834,518.
- Wandsworth – £803,319.