- 1 Which areas of London are dangerous?
- 2 What is the most dangerous city in London?
- 3 Which area in London has the lowest crime rate?
- 4 Where should I not live in London?
- 5 Is London safe at night?
- 6 What is the poorest borough in London?
- 7 Is London more dangerous than New York?
- 8 What’s the poorest place in England?
- 9 What is the most expensive part of London to live in?
- 10 Which is the best area to live in London?
- 11 Is East London dangerous?
- 12 Where do rich people live in London?
- 13 Where do celebrities live in London?
- 14 Where should I live after London?
Which areas of London are dangerous?
- Hackney – 4,140. The East London borough of Hackney is the fifth most dangerous borough in London according to Metropolitan Police data from January and February.
- Southwark – 4,192.
- Tower Hamlets – 4,572.
- Newham – 4,733.
- Croydon – 4,781.
What is the most dangerous city in London?
1) Westminster -195.78 crimes per 1000 (49,400 total) It also happens to be the most dangerous borough of London– for the 4th year running. A popular area for residents and tourists, Westminster is a densely populated borough interspersed with green spaces and parks.
Which area in London has the lowest crime rate?
1: Richmond upon Thames: 11,336 crimes – 56.68 per 1,000 Still number one for London’s lowest crime rate, Richmond is the safest place to live in the capital.
Where should I not live in London?
The Top 10 Most Dangerous London Boroughs (Updated for 2019)
- 10) Hackney. The London Borough of Hackney is an area of Inner London which spans parts of East London and North London.
- 9) Croydon. Croydon is a South London borough located just over nine miles from Charing Cross.
- 8) Brent.
- 7) Haringey.
- 6) Tower Hamlets.
- 5) Lambeth.
- 4) Southwark.
- 3) Camden.
Is London safe at night?
Stay Safe in London London is generally a very safe to place to navigate, even at night, though it never hurts to keep your common sense and your wits about you. Here are some top tips for helping you to stay safe after an evening at the theatre, a night on the tiles or a session of burning the midnight oil.
What is the poorest borough in London?
Tower Hamlets has the highest rate of poverty in the capital, at 39 per cent, meaning around two in five people in the borough are living in poverty. Below is a table of the poverty rates in each London borough ranked lowest to highest.
Is London more dangerous than New York?
Compared to the population at the time, that meant London was suffering 2.7 homicides per 100,000 people. By 2017, that figure had dropped to 1.48 per 100,000. And that’s still much lower than New York. In 2017, London saw 116 murders, while New York’s death toll was 292.
What’s the poorest place in England?
In 2010, Jaywick was assessed as the most deprived area in England.
What is the most expensive part of London to live in?
The three most expensive boroughs in London are Westminster, Kensington, Chelsea and Camden. These premium districts with beautiful architecture, grand properties and celebrity residents rarely move from the top slots.
Which is the best area to live in London?
These are the 10 best places to live in London
- of 10. Isle of Dogs.
- of 10. Battersea.
- of 10. Belgravia.
- of 10. Bermondsey.
- of 10. Blackheath.
- of 10. Crystal Palace.
- of 10. East Finchley.
- of 10. Highbury.
Is East London dangerous?
The home of East London’s famous antique market was joint first when it came to violent crime rates in the borough. There were 913 violent crimes reported in Spitalfields and Banglatown in just one year. In November 2018 there were a worrying 66 reported violent and sexual crimes there.
Where do rich people live in London?
Over the past year, London saw its billionaire population increase by one. Some London billionaires live on Kensington Palace Gardens, known as Billionaire’s Boulevard, the most expensive street in Britain.
Where do celebrities live in London?
Kensington. There is a whole lot of Kensington to go around, from West Kensington to South Kensington. Yet it still remains one of the most exclusive postcodes in the capital – and celebrities know it. Victoria and David Beckham kick it in the Ken, while Kylie Minogue and Nigela Lawson have called the area home.
Where should I live after London?
- St Albans, Hertfordshire. St Albans is a beautiful place to live (Image: Jerzy Kociatkiewicz – Wikimedia Commons)
- Amersham, Buckinghamshire. Amersham has the best of both worlds.
- Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire.
- Brockenhurst, Hampshire.
- Bishop’s Waltham, Hampshire.
- Caversham, Berkshire.
- Chichester, West Sussex.
- Deal, Kent.