- 1 What is there to eat at Borough Market?
- 2 What is the best day to go to Borough Market?
- 3 What stalls are at Borough Market?
- 4 What days does borough market open?
- 5 What is Borough Market famous for?
- 6 Is Borough Market cash only?
- 7 What should I buy at Borough Market?
- 8 Is Borough Market open during lockdown?
- 9 What tube station is Borough Market?
- 10 How much is a stall at Borough Market?
- 11 Why is Borough Market closed on Sunday?
What is there to eat at Borough Market?
Best Street Food in Borough Market
- Roast Hog. The roast pork sandwiches at Roast Hog start out with a whole hot on the spit (Photo by Savored Journeys)
- Nana Fanny’s. Nana Fanny’s falafel wraps are a nice light option (photo by Savored Journeys)
- Soul Food.
- Bread Ahead.
- Hobbs Meat Roast.
What is the best day to go to Borough Market?
The best time to visit is between 10am to midday Wednesday to Friday; and 8am to midday on Saturday. Yes, Saturdays are the liveliest, but also the most crowded. Alternatively, go at around 4pm.
What stalls are at Borough Market?
- Alpine Deli. Charcuterie from South Tyrol.
- Alsop & Walker. Cheeses from East Sussex.
- Applebee’s Fish. Fishmongers and cafe.
- Applebee’s Fishbox. Grilled seafood tortillas, skewers and kebabs.
- Arabica Bar & Kitchen. Middle Eastern meze and Levantine-inspired cocktails.
- Arabica To Go.
- Artisan du Chocolat.
- Artisan Foods.
What days does borough market open?
When is Borough Market open? We are open Monday to Saturday, closed on Sundays and some public holidays.
What is Borough Market famous for?
One of the most famous places to visit in London, especially if you love to eat, is Borough Market. The market was established in 1885, and it’s one of the most renowned markets in London for artisan prepared food, and fresh organic produce.
Is Borough Market cash only?
Mostly cash but there are plenty of ATM’s around the market. You will be better off just using cash.
What should I buy at Borough Market?
16 reasons to visit the Borough Markets of London
- Fresh produce.
- Duck confit.
Is Borough Market open during lockdown?
Borough Market remains open as an essential retailer, with social distancing measures in place.
What tube station is Borough Market?
The nearest stations are London Bridge, Borough and Southwark. The nearest station is London Bridge, which is about a four-minute walk away. You can reach Borough Market via routes 43, 141, 149 and 521.
How much is a stall at Borough Market?
Cost of market stall hire: Casual pop-up stalls cost £15 per day (or £25 if you’re selling street food) Tuesday to Friday and £20 per day (or £40 for street food) Saturday and Sunday. Find out about Gravesend Borough market pitches for rent: Apply to become a trader here.
Why is Borough Market closed on Sunday?
It is pretty much closed during the week! Re Sundays, presumably it’s a licensing issue, though also the difficulties of Sunday travel for some traders might be a factor.