- 1 What day is Borough Market Open?
- 2 What is the best day to go to Borough Market?
- 3 Are markets open in London during lockdown?
- 4 Is Borough Market open during lockdown?
- 5 Can you eat at Borough Market?
- 6 Is Maltby Street Market open during lockdown?
- 7 Is Borough Market cash only?
- 8 What is the oldest market in London?
- 9 What should I buy at Borough Market?
- 10 Is Greenwich market open during lockdown?
- 11 What’s the best market in London?
- 12 Is anything open in London?
- 13 Does Borough Market have toilets?
- 14 Is Camden market open during lockdown?
- 15 What stalls are at Borough Market?
What day is Borough Market Open?
We are open Monday to Saturday and closed on public holidays. Not all of the traders are present on all days currently, but there is still plenty of choice throughout the week. The full market is in operation Thursday to Saturday.
What is the best day to go to Borough Market?
The best time to visit is between 10am to midday Wednesday to Friday; and 8am to midday on Saturday. Yes, Saturdays are the liveliest, but also the most crowded. Alternatively, go at around 4pm.
Are markets open in London during lockdown?
Coronavirus/Covid: Markets are allowed to remain open in Lockdown for essential services which includes groceries and takeaway food.
Is Borough Market open during lockdown?
Borough Market remains open as an essential retailer, with social distancing measures in place.
Can you eat at Borough Market?
There is a very nice line up of street food options along the outside wall of the market. There are probably about 10 stalls there, where you can stand in line for a sandwich or take-away plate of food. A few more street food options can be found throughout the market.
Is Maltby Street Market open during lockdown?
Maltby Street Market Saturday 10am-5pm; Sunday 11am-4pm.
Is Borough Market cash only?
Mostly cash but there are plenty of ATM’s around the market. You will be better off just using cash.
What is the oldest market in London?
Borough Market is one of London’s most famous food markets. At the Southwark market you’ll find British and international foods.
What should I buy at Borough Market?
16 reasons to visit the Borough Markets of London
- Fresh produce.
- Duck confit.
Is Greenwich market open during lockdown?
Greenwich Market will remain open 7 days a week and so will most of the surrounding cafes and bakeries. After the government enforced restrictions’ announcement to control the spread of Covid-19, we would like to update you what we are doing to ensure your safety whilst visiting the market.
What’s the best market in London?
Top 10 London markets you must visit
- Portobello Market. Image courtesy of Paul Hudson.
- Camden Market & Camden Lock Market. Image courtesy of George Rex.
- Borough Market.
- Old Spitalfields Market.
- Columbia Road Flower Market.
- Brick Lane Market.
- Covent Garden Market.
- Alfies Antique Market.
Is anything open in London?
You can now visit COVID-secure shops, supermarkets, pharmacies, garden centres and market stalls again. All non-essential shops in London may now reopen following the easing of coronavirus restrictions.
Does Borough Market have toilets?
Public toilets (including accessible toilets ) are open during trading hours for customer use, located in Three Crown Square, Borough Market Kitchen and the Market Hall.
Is Camden market open during lockdown?
What do you think of lockdown restrictions? Take our survey below. However there is some life still in the area. Along the canal, Camden Street Food Market remains open for business although some traders have doubts about how long it will remain so.
What stalls are at Borough Market?
- Alpine Deli. Charcuterie from South Tyrol.
- Alsop & Walker. Cheeses from East Sussex.
- Applebee’s Fish. Fishmongers and cafe.
- Applebee’s Fishbox. Grilled seafood tortillas, skewers and kebabs.
- Arabica Bar & Kitchen. Middle Eastern meze and Levantine-inspired cocktails.
- Arabica To Go.
- Artisan du Chocolat.
- Artisan Foods.