- 1 Is East Croydon rough?
- 2 Are trains running from Victoria to East Croydon?
- 3 Where is the best place to live in Croydon?
- 4 Which zone is East Croydon?
- 5 Is Croydon a rich area?
- 6 What is the roughest part of London?
- 7 Does the tube go to Croydon?
- 8 Can I use Oyster at East Croydon?
- 9 How far is London from Croydon?
- 10 Is Croydon a bad area?
- 11 How dangerous is Croydon?
- 12 Who is famous from Croydon?
- 13 How safe is East Croydon?
- 14 Which zone is Croydon?
- 15 What train line is Croydon on?
Is East Croydon rough?
9) Croydon However, the area also has a problem with crime – in particular, violent crime. In fact, in 2018 Croydon was ranked one of the worst parts of London in terms of knife crime. With a total of 33,410 (including 11,771 violence against the person) crimes, Croydon is London’s ninth most dangerous borough.
Are trains running from Victoria to East Croydon?
Are there direct trains from London Victoria to East Croydon? Yes, it is possible to travel from London Victoria to East Croydon without having to change trains.
Where is the best place to live in Croydon?
Here’s the full list of the top 30 places to live in Croydon with their scores (some have Croydon postcodes but technically are not in Croydon ).
- Crystal Palace 7.88.
- West Croydon 7.81.
- Norbury 7.79.
- South Croydon 7.72.
- Croydon town centre 7.50.
- Upper Norwood (Beulah Hill) 7.43.
- Sanderstead 7.42.
- Shirley 7.30.
Which zone is East Croydon?
East Croydon is a railway station and tram stop in the town of Croydon, Greater London, England, and is located in Travelcard Zone 5. At 10 miles 28 chains (10.35 mi; 16.66 km) from London Bridge, it is one of the busiest non-terminal stations in London, and in the United Kingdom as a whole.
Is Croydon a rich area?
The London Borough of Croydon has been labelled London’s wealthiest borough for property by a new survey. While substantially higher than the average of around £28.3bn, the famously expensive borough only comes out sixth in the list of wealthiest London neighbourhoods for property.
What is the roughest part of London?
The two London Boroughs with the highest rate of gun and knife crime are Southwark and Lambeth. Other London Boroughs with high gun and knife crime rates include Brent, Haringey and Hackney.
Does the tube go to Croydon?
The London Underground ( Tube ) network does not extend to anywhere near Croydon. The nearest station by rail is Balham, on the Northern Line, and by Tramlink is Wimbledon, on the District Line.
Can I use Oyster at East Croydon?
East Croydon station You can top up pay-as-you-go on Oyster using the self service ticket machines. Oyster Cards cannot be purchased at this station.
How far is London from Croydon?
The distance between London and Croydon is 9 miles.
Is Croydon a bad area?
Re: Is Croydon a rough area? No, croydon is very safe. Especially where you will be staying. There is nothing to be frightened of.
How dangerous is Croydon?
Nearly 19,000 crimes have been committed in Croydon so far this year, police statistics show. Figures published by the Metropolitan Police show that from January 1 to July 31 this year, 18,955 crimes have been reported to police. Violence against the person is Croydon’s most commonly reported crime, with 5,978 reports.
Who is famous from Croydon?
10 Famous Musicians Who Hail From Croydon
- Stormzy. The grime star who cracked the Top 10 last year with ‘Shut Up’ grew up in the Thornton Heath area of Croydon and attended Harris Academy in nearby South Norwood.
- The Kooks.
- Kirsty MacColl.
- David McAlmont.
- Katie Melua.
- Dane Bowers.
- Krept and Konan.
- Kate Moss.
How safe is East Croydon?
Thousands of us use these stations every year, even millions at some stations. But the busiest station, East Croydon is not quite the most dangerous. Despite having by far the highest number of crimes in the last 12 months, a period from February 2019 to January 2020, East Croydon is only third most dangerous.
Which zone is Croydon?
Croydon, a south London/Surrey suburb that would be a sizeable city in its own right had it not long ago been swallowed by London, has two rail stations in its commercial centre. East Croydon is a stop on the London to Brighton line; West Croydon is served primarily by suburban services. Both are currently in zone 5.
What train line is Croydon on?
Croydon railway station is a heritage-listed railway station located on the Main Suburban line, serving the Sydney suburb of Croydon, New South Wales, Australia. It is served by Sydney Trains T2 Inner West & Leppington line services.