- 1 Is Leyton the same as Leytonstone?
- 2 Is Leyton dangerous?
- 3 Which London borough is Walthamstow in?
- 4 What borough is Stratford in?
- 5 Is Leytonstone posh?
- 6 Is Leytonstone a good place to live?
- 7 Is Walthamstow rough?
- 8 Is Chingford rough?
- 9 Is Leyton a good place to buy?
- 10 How far is Walthamstow from London?
- 11 Is Walthamstow a nice area?
- 12 Where in London is Chingford?
- 13 Is Newham the poorest borough?
- 14 What is Stratford known for?
- 15 What is Newham famous for?
Is Leyton the same as Leytonstone?
Leytonstone belonged originally to the ancient parish of Leyton in the Becontree Hundred of Essex. It became a separate ecclesiastical parish in 1845. In 1894 it became part of Leyton Urban District, which was incorporated in 1926 as the Municipal Borough of Leyton.
Is Leyton dangerous?
3) Leyton – 168 The third most dangerous place in Waltham Forest is the area of Leyton with 168 reported crimes. The most frequent type of reported crimes in this ward were anti-social behaviour (33) and violence and sexual offences (35). There were nine crimes per 1,000 residents in May 2019.
Which London borough is Walthamstow in?
Walthamstow is a district of northeast London, located in the London Borough of Waltham Forest. It is situated 6.4 miles (10.3 km) north-east of Charing Cross.
What borough is Stratford in?
|Ceremonial county||Greater London|
Is Leytonstone posh?
For many years Leytonstone was Leyton’s posh neighbour but in recent years, regeneration around Francis Road in Leyton, with smart shops and cafés, is putting prices on a par. Leytonstone’s changing demographic means this is a place to look for a doer-upper.
Is Leytonstone a good place to live?
It’s also a very friendly place. There’s the Leytonstone Festival in summer, The Leytonstone Arts Trail and umpteen cultural goings-on throughout the year. A small vintage ‘n’ craft market has just started. In short, it’s a good place to live and underrated IMHO.
Is Walthamstow rough?
Wood Street ( Walthamstow ) + St. Yet, many areas in Walthamstow are still very rough, and one of the streets in Walthamstow is actually the most dangerous street in the entire country – the name of the street is Vallentin road. Another stretch between St James Street and Walthamstow Central is also quite dangerous.
Is Chingford rough?
Chingford is a pretty run-of-the-mill suburb on the boundary of North-East London and Essex. Not the most exciting place in the World, but not rough either.
Is Leyton a good place to buy?
Leyton /Leytonstone now is pretty much all ‘ok’. It might not be Hackney, but there’s a reason it’s not as expensive! Whereas Forest Gate, yeah I think there are some places that are still dingy. That said, 5 years is a LONG time in London.
How far is Walthamstow from London?
The distance between London and Walthamstow is 7 miles.
Is Walthamstow a nice area?
Walthamstow is home to many excellent attractions including museums, parks and art galleries. Lloyd Park is a popular spot for families, while the Walthamstow Pumphouse Museum and the William Morris Gallery are both well-known places to visit in the area. For a truly unusual experience, head to God’s Own Junkyard.
Where in London is Chingford?
Chingford is a town in east London, England, located in the historic county of Essex.
Is Newham the poorest borough?
According to these, the boroughs with the highest proportion of people living in poverty are Tower Hamlets (39%), Newham (37%) and Hackney (36%). In contrast, these estimates suggest that Bromley (15%), Richmond upon Thames (15%) and Bexley (16%) have the lowest rates of poverty.
What is Stratford known for?
– Stratford is most famous for its association with William Shakespeare. In the pedestrianised part of the town centre you will find Shakespeare’s Birthplace with it’s excellent displays and of course entrance to the historic house and its neat garden.
What is Newham famous for?
Newham was one of the six host boroughs for the 2012 Summer Olympics and contains most of the Olympic Park including the London Stadium. The local authority is Newham London Borough Council.