- 1 What Tube line is Hackney on?
- 2 Which zone is Hackney Wick?
- 3 How do I get to Hackney?
- 4 Is Hackney Wick safe?
- 5 Does Hackney have a tube station?
- 6 What zone is Stratford?
- 7 Is Hackney Wick station open?
- 8 Why is it called Hackney Wick?
- 9 What postcode is Hackney Wick?
- 10 Is Hackney a ghetto?
- 11 Is Hackney a dangerous area?
- 12 Which part of London is most dangerous?
What Tube line is Hackney on?
Hackney Central is a London Overground station on the North London line in Hackney Central, Greater London.
Which zone is Hackney Wick?
Hackney Wick is an east London station in Travelcard Zone 2.
How do I get to Hackney?
The nearest station to the Hackney Empire is Hackney Central. This is on the London Overground line from Richmond/Clapham Junction to Stratford. To get there from Gloucester Road, take the Piccadilly Line to Kings Cross, then the Victoria Line to Highbury and Islington, from where you can pick up the Overground.
Is Hackney Wick safe?
Hackney Wick has a high violent crime rate and an above average property crime rate for London.
Does Hackney have a tube station?
Hackney’s lack of a tube station is, like so much else in the physical fabric of London, a historical accident: if things had played out slightly differently, at any one of several different points in time, it would have had a tube decades ago. Hackney is the bit in red: Image: CityMetric/Google.
What zone is Stratford?
|Number of platforms||19 (17 in use)|
|Fare zone||2 and 3|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
Is Hackney Wick station open?
No disruptions There are no reported disruptions at any.
Why is it called Hackney Wick?
Hackney Wick, Hackney /Tower Hamlets A ‘ wick ‘ often signified an outlying dairy farm and the ‘ferm of Wyk’ was recorded in the 13th century. By the late 18th century the small hamlet had gained a silk factory and the Wick went on to play a distinguished role in east London’s industrial history.
What postcode is Hackney Wick?
Click to view map
Is Hackney a ghetto?
The London Borough of Hackney is an area of Inner London which spans parts of East London and North London. However, with a total of 33,381 crimes taking place in the area, Hackney is also London’s tenth most dangerous borough.
Is Hackney a dangerous area?
Compared with other areas in London, Hackney has an above-average crime rate, though it’s certainly not one of the worst affected areas. With a total of 4,198 crimes already reported this year, Hackney ranks 10th out of 33, just behind Brent and Tower Hamlets.
Which part of London is most dangerous?
Most Dangerous Areas In London
- Westminster – Crime rate of 321.4 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Camden – Crime rate of 154.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Kensington and Chelsea – Crime rate 153.9 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Hammersmith and Fulham – Crime rate 129.2 crimes per 1,000 people.