- 1 What Tube line is borough on?
- 2 What is the best day to go to Borough Market?
- 3 What day is Borough Market Open?
- 4 How do I get from Kings Cross to Borough Market?
- 5 Why is Borough Station closed?
- 6 What zone is Southwark?
- 7 Is Borough Market cash only?
- 8 Can you eat at Borough Market?
- 9 Is Borough Market open during lockdown?
- 10 Is Maltby Street Market open during lockdown?
- 11 What should I buy at Borough Market?
- 12 What’s the biggest market in London?
- 13 What stalls are at Borough Market?
What Tube line is borough on?
Borough is a London Underground station in the Borough area of the London Borough of Southwark in central London. It is on the Bank branch of the Northern line between Elephant & Castle and London Bridge stations. It is in Travelcard Zone 1.
What is the best day to go to Borough Market?
The best time to visit is between 10am to midday Wednesday to Friday; and 8am to midday on Saturday. Yes, Saturdays are the liveliest, but also the most crowded. Alternatively, go at around 4pm.
What day is Borough Market Open?
We are open Monday to Saturday and closed on public holidays. Not all of the traders are present on all days currently, but there is still plenty of choice throughout the week. The full market is in operation Thursday to Saturday.
How do I get from Kings Cross to Borough Market?
The best way to get from London Kings Cross Station to Borough Market is to train which takes 27 min and costs £2 – £4. Alternatively, you can line 17 bus, which costs £2 and takes 32 min.
Why is Borough Station closed?
The Northern line station had been shut since 19 March as part of a plan by London Underground to ensure enough staff were available to keep busier interchange stations open.
What zone is Southwark?
Southwark is a London Underground station in the London Borough of Southwark at the corner of Blackfriars Road and The Cut. It is between Waterloo and London Bridge stations on the Jubilee line, and is in Travelcard Zone 1.
Is Borough Market cash only?
Mostly cash but there are plenty of ATM’s around the market. You will be better off just using cash.
Can you eat at Borough Market?
There is a very nice line up of street food options along the outside wall of the market. There are probably about 10 stalls there, where you can stand in line for a sandwich or take-away plate of food. A few more street food options can be found throughout the market.
Is Borough Market open during lockdown?
Borough Market remains open as an essential retailer, with social distancing measures in place.
Is Maltby Street Market open during lockdown?
Maltby Street Market Saturday 10am-5pm; Sunday 11am-4pm.
What should I buy at Borough Market?
16 reasons to visit the Borough Markets of London
- Fresh produce.
- Duck confit.
What’s the biggest market in London?
If you love antiques, you’ll love Portobello Road Market in Notting Hill. It’s a little-known fact that the market itself is officially the largest in the world. Well, for antiques, anyway. One of my fav stalls is Cameras London who has shelves of antique cameras (most working, some not) that are so gorgeous.
What stalls are at Borough Market?
- Alpine Deli. Charcuterie from South Tyrol.
- Alsop & Walker. Cheeses from East Sussex.
- Applebee’s Fish. Fishmongers and cafe.
- Applebee’s Fishbox. Grilled seafood tortillas, skewers and kebabs.
- Arabica Bar & Kitchen. Middle Eastern meze and Levantine-inspired cocktails.
- Arabica To Go.
- Artisan du Chocolat.
- Artisan Foods.