- 1 Is Kingston London posh?
- 2 How far is Kingston upon Thames from Croydon?
- 3 Is Kingston UK safe?
- 4 Is Kingston a nice area?
- 5 Is Kingston a bad area?
- 6 What celebrities live in Kingston upon Thames?
- 7 Is Kingston expensive to live?
- 8 Is Kingston upon Thames Safe 2020?
- 9 Is Kingston a safe place to live?
- 10 What is Kingston famous for?
- 11 Is Kingston rich?
- 12 What are the safest areas of London?
Is Kingston London posh?
Just over a mile south of Richmond, Kingston upon Thames also ranks within the safest areas of London. As a bustling town in its own right, Kingston offers plenty of shops and restaurants, a busy riverside and a notable theatre. Check out our secret guide to Kingston upon Thames here.
How far is Kingston upon Thames from Croydon?
The distance between Kingston upon Thames and Croydon is 9 miles.
Is Kingston UK safe?
Kingston is one of the safest boroughs in London, with a relatively low crime rate of 57 crimes per 1000 people as of 2013, significantly lower than both the England average and the London average.
Is Kingston a nice area?
Kingston is a great vibrant town with fantastic travel links. The redevelopment of the market in the town square has been great, There is a vast array of shops, and the recent riverside development has bought some great family friendly chain restaurants to the area.
Is Kingston a bad area?
Kingston upon Thames is often considered one of the nicer areas of London, with its quaint town centre, wealth of green space and incredible houses (and house prices). However, in October this year there were a total of 965 crimes reported across the whole borough, most of them thefts or violence against the person.
What celebrities live in Kingston upon Thames?
Famous residents of Kingston, Surbiton and the local area
- Joe Cole: Born in Kingston, Joe is best known for roles in Skins and Peaky Blinders.
- John Inverdale: Broadcaster lives in Kingston.
- Stormzy: Somewhere near Coombe Hill.
- Jacqueline Wilson: Children’s writer.
- Sir Terence Conran: Designer, writer, retailer and restaurateur was born in Kingston in 1931.
Is Kingston expensive to live?
Summary about cost of living in Kingston, Canada: A single person estimated monthly costs are 874$ (1,099C$) without rent. Kingston is 28.02% less expensive than New York (without rent). Rent in Kingston is, on average, 68.23% lower than in New York.
Is Kingston upon Thames Safe 2020?
Kingston upon Thames is the second safest city in London, and is the second safest overall out of London’s 33 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Kingston upon Thames in 2020 was 61 crimes per 1,000 people.
Is Kingston a safe place to live?
Maclean’s Magazine has released its annual Canada’s Most Dangerous Places list and Kingston lands in the middle of that list. Out of 229 Canadian cities, Kingston ranks 118. The rankings are based on the Crime Severity Index. Kingston also sits below the national average in Canada’s Crime Severity Index.
What is Kingston famous for?
Kingston, city, capital, and chief port of Jamaica, sprawling along the southeastern coast of the island, backed by the Blue Mountains. It is famous for its fine natural harbour, which is protected by the Palisadoes, a narrow peninsula that has been developed as a recreational and tourist resort.
Is Kingston rich?
‘Everybody says Kingston is a rich borough and knife crime does not happen in rich areas’ You wouldn’t expect to find homelessness and knife crime in the Royal Borough of Kingston -Upon-Thames. It is usually seen as a posh and affluent area, but amongst the swanky riverside terraces pockets of poverty also exist.
What are the safest areas of London?
Safest Areas In London
- Richmond – Crime rate 54 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Bexley – Crime rate 56 per 1,000 people.
- Kingston-upon-Thames – Crime rate 57 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Sutton – Crime rate 57 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Harrow – Crime rate 63 crimes per 1,000 people.