- 1 How do I get to Greenwich from London?
- 2 Can you get to Greenwich on the tube?
- 3 How long is the tube journey from London Bridge to North Greenwich?
- 4 How do I get to Greenwich Park by Tube?
- 5 Is Greenwich posh?
- 6 Is Greenwich a safe area to live?
- 7 How far is Greenwich from the O2 Arena?
- 8 What is Greenwich England known for?
- 9 Is Greenwich Park still open?
- 10 What travel zone is North Greenwich?
- 11 How much does it cost to park at North Greenwich station?
- 12 How do I get to the Emirates cable car in London?
- 13 Does Greenwich Park have toilets?
- 14 Can I drive through Greenwich Park?
- 15 Is Greenwich Park free?
How do I get to Greenwich from London?
How to get to Greenwich in London
- Travel from central London to Greenwich by riverboat, train, Tube and DLR.
- The Emirates Air Line cable car connects Greenwich Peninsula to the Royal Docks.
- It takes between 20 and 35 minutes to travel from London City Airport to Greenwich by DLR and Tube.
Can you get to Greenwich on the tube?
The nearest Underground station is North Greenwich, on the Jubilee line, which is just next door to The O2 and Emirates Air Line. It takes about 12 minutes from London Bridge, or 25 minutes from Bond Street. You can of course get here from any tube station though and change at appropriate stations en-route.
How long is the tube journey from London Bridge to North Greenwich?
How long does it take to get from London Bridge (Station) to North Greenwich Underground Station? The subway from London Bridge station to North Greenwich station takes 8 min including transfers and departs every five minutes.
How do I get to Greenwich Park by Tube?
- New Cross Tube Station (East London line closed. Bus service operates) Amersham Vale, London, Lewisham, 28 mins.
- North Greenwich Tube Station. 5 Millennium Way, London, Greenwich, 28 mins.
- New Cross Gate Tube Station (East London line closed. Bus service operates)
Is Greenwich posh?
Steeped in history and rich in culture, Greenwich is one of South London’s most attractive places to live. Home to Greenwich Meantime, the Royal Palaces, a vibrant marketplace, and an abundance of trendy hangouts, there will never be a dull moment living in Greenwich.
Is Greenwich a safe area to live?
Crime in Greenwich Whilst living in Central London will mean there is a risk of crime, as with any big city, Greenwich is generally a safe area of London to live.
How far is Greenwich from the O2 Arena?
The distance between Greenwich and The O2 Arena is 2 miles.
What is Greenwich England known for?
Greenwich is famous for its naval and military connections and its green spaces. Queen’s House (centre), the National Maritime Museum (left), and the towers and rooftops of the Old Royal Naval College beyond, Greenwich, London, England.
Is Greenwich Park still open?
Public Notices Greenwich Park is open but there are some changes due to Covid. Please click here for the latest information. Please follow the latest government guidelines and stay local. Car parks have been extremely busy during lockdown so please don’t travel to the park by car.
What travel zone is North Greenwich?
North Greenwich station is on the Jubilee Line in Zones 2 and 3. And it’s right on our doorstep. Get here from Central London in 20 minutes. Or Stratford in 10 minutes.
How much does it cost to park at North Greenwich station?
Pay on the day
|Mon – fri per day||£12.50|
|Motorcycle per day||£2.00|
|Evening mon to sun 1900-0429||£25.00|
How do I get to the Emirates cable car in London?
- Address: North Greenwich side Emirates Cable Car Terminal, Edmund Halley Way, London SE10 0FR.
- Tube: North Greenwich (Jubilee line)
- River: North Greenwich Pier.
- Bus: North Greenwich Bus Station (take the 188 from Central London )
- Address: Royal Docks side 27 Western Gateway, London E16 1FA.
- DLR: Royal Victoria.
Does Greenwich Park have toilets?
Facilities at Greenwich Park There are toilets on Blackheath Avenue, by Blackheath Gate, in the Children’s playground and inside the old Royal Observatory.
Can I drive through Greenwich Park?
* Please Note separate vehicle access times: Greenwich Park opens at 7am to vehicles, but there is no through traffic from 10am to 4pm each day and the park is closed to through traffic at weekends and bank holidays.
Is Greenwich Park free?
Originally used as a royal hunting ground, Greenwich Park is now a wonderful free green space in London for picturesque strolls and picnics under chestnut and oak trees.