- 1 Where should I stay in London for the first time?
- 2 Where should I avoid staying in London?
- 3 Is it better to stay in a hotel or AirBnB in London?
- 4 Which part of London is the best?
- 5 How many days in London is enough?
- 6 What is the average cost of a hotel room in London?
- 7 Which areas of London are dangerous?
- 8 What is the most dangerous part of London?
- 9 Is Hyde Park safe at night?
- 10 Is it cheaper to stay in a hotel or Airbnb?
- 11 Is it better to stay at a hotel or Airbnb?
- 12 Is Airbnb hurting the hotel industry?
- 13 Where do rich people live in London?
- 14 What’s the richest area in London?
- 15 How can I stay in London for free?
Where should I stay in London for the first time?
Proximity to Hyde Park, Green Park, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and Westminster Abbey are all reasons why Mayfair is the best area to stay in London for first time visitors to the city.
Where should I avoid staying in London?
11 Places You Should Avoid on Any Trip to London
- Restaurants In Leicester Square. Home to London’s theatreland and film premieres, Leicester Square is a hit with tourists.
- Oxford Street.
- City of London (On A Weekend)
- Large Commercial Shopping Centres.
- Canary Wharf.
- The London Eye (for views)
- The Shard (for views)
- Madame Tussauds.
Is it better to stay in a hotel or AirBnB in London?
For price and value, I would suggest AirBnB instead of a hotel – there are plenty to choose from. Friends from America stayed a long weekend in London for less than we are paying for a single night in a hotel. For a one night stay I’d say treat yourself to a hotel, but for more nights AirBnB.
Which part of London is the best?
Below we have reviewed 13 of the most highly-ranked areas in London for families.
- Isle of Dogs. It’s not actually an island, but this area in East London is situated in a large meander on the River Thames.
- East Finchley.
- Notting Hill.
How many days in London is enough?
For first-time visitors, I recommend spending at least 3- 4 days in London. This should give you sufficient time to get acquainted with the city, see the main landmarks and visit a few tourist attractions in London. Also, don’t try to see ‘everything’.
What is the average cost of a hotel room in London?
Average room rate of hotels in selected cities in the United Kingdom (UK) in 2016 (in GBP)
|Average room rate in GBP|
Which areas of London are dangerous?
- Hackney – 4,140. The East London borough of Hackney is the fifth most dangerous borough in London according to Metropolitan Police data from January and February.
- Southwark – 4,192.
- Tower Hamlets – 4,572.
- Newham – 4,733.
- Croydon – 4,781.
What is the most dangerous part of London?
Crime numbers in each borough: When the population of a borough is considered the borough with the highest rate of crime per person remains Westminster with 192.8 crimes for every 1,000 people, second highest is Kensington and Chelsea ((112.7 per 1,000 people) and third Camden (117 per 1,000 people).
Is Hyde Park safe at night?
1. Re: walking through Hyde Park /Kensington Gardens at night. Perfectly safe. There is a road running through the middle which goes from the Royal Albert Hall to Lancaster Gate.
Is it cheaper to stay in a hotel or Airbnb?
A few studies have been done in the past few years to see whether Airbnb is always cheaper than a hotel room. A study by Priceonomics in 2013 found that it was 21 percent cheaper to rent out a whole apartment on Airbnb than get a hotel room, and 49 percent cheaper to rent out a private room.
Is it better to stay at a hotel or Airbnb?
#1 It’s cheaper than a hotel. You’ll get way more amenities and space in an Airbnb (usually) that in a hotel. Plus, Airbnb hosts typically offer weekly and monthly discounts, so if you’re staying somewhere long-term, you’d be hard-pressed to find a hotel with a better deal.
Is Airbnb hurting the hotel industry?
Findings from the model show that in 2014, Airbnb reduced hotel profits by up to 3.7 percent. Airbnb has increased room availability, resulting in reduced prices for consumers, especially during high peak times. These effects are more prominent in larger cities.
Where do rich people live in London?
Over the past year, London saw its billionaire population increase by one. Some London billionaires live on Kensington Palace Gardens, known as Billionaire’s Boulevard, the most expensive street in Britain.
What’s the richest area in London?
The 10 most expensive London boroughs
- Westminster – £3,099,172.
- Kensington and Chelsea – £2,080,134.
- Camden – £1,858,738.
- Hammersmith and Fulham – £964,013.
- Hackney – £933,006.
- Richmond upon Thames – £838,527.
- Lambeth – £834,518.
- Wandsworth – £803,319.
How can I stay in London for free?
Looking for a Free Place to Stay in London?
- Live a different life in a different place. Image-Barterquest.com.
- Guardians Property on Live-in Guardians.
- Beautiful workaway property near London.
- Couchsurfing.org mobile app.