- 1 How do I call Southwark Council?
- 2 Who runs Southwark Council?
- 3 How do I get on the Southwark council housing list?
- 4 Which borough is Southwark in?
- 5 Who is the head of Southwark Council?
- 6 How much is council tax in Southwark?
- 7 Is Southwark safe?
- 8 Who is the leader of Sutton Council?
- 9 What council is Dulwich?
- 10 How do I pay my council tax in Southwark?
- 11 What council is Bermondsey in?
- 12 Is Southwark poor?
- 13 What is Southwark famous for?
- 14 Is Southwark expensive?
How do I call Southwark Council?
You can also email your complaint to complaints@ southwark.gov.uk or call the customer service centre on 020 7525 0042.
Who runs Southwark Council?
|Southwark London Borough Council|
|Leader of the Council||Cllr Kieron Williams, Labour since September 2020|
|Deputy Leader||Cllr Rebecca Lury, Labour|
|Leader of the Opposition||Cllr Nick Johnson, Liberal Democrats|
|Chief executive||Eleanor Kelly since February 2012|
How do I get on the Southwark council housing list?
To be included on the housing register you should:
- be aged 16 or over; and.
- currently live in the borough and have done so continuously for the last 5 years; or.
- work in Southwark, and have a housing need such as residing in overcrowding circumstances and/or having a medical requirement for a move; or.
Which borough is Southwark in?
The London Borough of Southwark is in south London. It was formed in 1965 out of the Metropolitan Boroughs of Southwark, Camberwell and Bermondsey. The borough is home to London Bridge station, the Shard, Tate Modern, Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre and Borough Market.
Who is the head of Southwark Council?
Cllr Kieron Williams became Leader of the Council in September 2020.
How much is council tax in Southwark?
Council Tax charges for 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022
|Band||Property value as at 1 April 1991||Southwark Council|
|A||up to £40,000||£689.41|
Is Southwark safe?
Effect of Crime on Southwark Residents London, on the whole, is very safe, but Southwark has a higher-than-average rate of drug crime, and though below average, its most commonly reported crime is theft and handling.
Who is the leader of Sutton Council?
|Sutton London Borough Council|
|Leader of the Council||Cllr Ruth Dombey, Liberal Democrat since 21 May 2012|
|Chief executive||Helen Bailey since 25 February 2019|
What council is Dulwich?
Dulwich Village – Southwark Council.
How do I pay my council tax in Southwark?
You can pay your Council Tax bill by Direct Debit, pay online with your credit or debit card, pay by internet banking or use Paypoint outlets.
- Pay your Council Tax now. The cost of your bill is split into 10 monthly payments.
- Direct Debit.
- Credit or debit card.
- BACS and Internet banking.
- Overseas accounts.
- Paypoint outlets.
What council is Bermondsey in?
Metropolitan Borough of Bermondsey
|• Succeeded by||London Borough of Southwark|
|Government||Bermondsey Borough Council|
Is Southwark poor?
Overview. Southwark is an inner London borough located on the south of the river Thames. Poverty rates here are close to the London average, with 40% of children judged to be living in households in poverty (compared to 38% in the typical London borough).
What is Southwark famous for?
Today Southwark has many attractions. Among them are the Clink Prison Museum and the Tate Modern. Other attractions are the Vinopolis, Shakespeare’s Globe and London Dungeon. Southwark is also known for the Old Operating Theatre Museum.
Is Southwark expensive?
The south London borough of Southwark has the ninth most expensive house prices in the capital, but has also seen the greatest annual increase of the prime boroughs.