- 1 Who owns Greenwich Peninsula?
- 2 How do I get to Greenwich Peninsula?
- 3 Is Greenwich Peninsula safe?
- 4 What did the Greenwich peninsula aim to achieve?
- 5 Is the O2 in Greenwich?
- 6 How is Greenwich Peninsula sustainable?
- 7 Is Greenwich far from London?
- 8 How do I get to Greenwich Park by Tube?
- 9 What’s it like to live in Greenwich London?
- 10 Is Greenwich a posh area?
- 11 Is Greenwich safe at night?
- 12 Is Greenwich a rough area?
Who owns Greenwich Peninsula?
In June 2012, a company owned by Dr Henry Cheng Kar-Shun, the head of one of Asia’s richest families worth in excess of $20bn, bought 60% of the undeveloped part of the peninsula. A year later, his company Knight Dragon owned 100%. The company’s ambition was to construct London’s “ultimate village”.
How do I get to Greenwich Peninsula?
Take the underground to North Greenwich, on the Jubilee line, which is just next door to The O2 and Emirates Air Line. It takes about eight minutes from London Bridge, or 20 minutes from Bond Street. You can of course get here from any tube station though and change at appropriate stations en-route.
Is Greenwich Peninsula safe?
Greenwich as a whole has a standard crime rate in comparison to other boroughs. According to Met Police statistics, the South London borough had a total of 25, 215 crimes reported between the start of January 2018 and end of December 2018.
What did the Greenwich peninsula aim to achieve?
The Greenwich Peninsula masterplan aims to redevelop a 150-acre site along the Thames River. The 20-year masterplan includes the development of residential units, retail spaces and other amenities.
Is the O2 in Greenwich?
The O2 Arena is a multi-purpose indoor arena in the centre of The O2 entertainment complex on the Greenwich Peninsula in southeast London. It opened in its present form in 2007.
How is Greenwich Peninsula sustainable?
The use of water recycling and grey water recycling was supposed to be a part of the Peninsula’s sustainability. The Dome (now The O2) was built to recycle the rainwater from its roof for use in its toilet facilities and to provide water for the wetlands in the Meridian gardens.
Is Greenwich far from London?
Greenwich is just 20 minutes from Central London in Zone 2 of London’s travel network and you can see a map of Greenwich town centre here. It’s easy to get here using Docklands Light Railway (DLR), river boat or train.
How do I get to Greenwich Park by Tube?
- New Cross Tube Station (East London line closed. Bus service operates) Amersham Vale, London, Lewisham, 28 mins.
- North Greenwich Tube Station. 5 Millennium Way, London, Greenwich, 28 mins.
- New Cross Gate Tube Station (East London line closed. Bus service operates)
What’s it like to live in Greenwich London?
Greenwich is green and is so quiet – you can’t believe it is just a few minutes away from Central London. When you compare the quality of living in Greenwich with that of other areas around the British capital – Greenwich is the best place to live and one of the most captivating London villages to visit.
Is Greenwich a posh area?
Steeped in history and rich in culture, Greenwich is one of South London’s most attractive places to live. Home to Greenwich Meantime, the Royal Palaces, a vibrant marketplace, and an abundance of trendy hangouts, there will never be a dull moment living in Greenwich.
Is Greenwich safe at night?
Greenwich is a reasonably safe area to live. Even if you live in a poorest part area of London, it is still safe at night as long as you do not walk in dark alleys alone, because no one knows if there is a psychopath lurking there looking for a victim.
Is Greenwich a rough area?
10) Greenwich (Total Number of Crimes: 28,501; Crime Rate per 1,000 People: 99.7) Famous for its maritime history, Greenwich is southeast London Borough. However, with a total of 28,501 crimes occurring in the borough last year, Greenwich is the tenth most dangerous in London.