- 1 How do I get to Borough Market by tube?
- 2 What Tube line is borough on?
- 3 What is the best day to go to Borough Market?
- 4 What days does borough market open?
- 5 Is Borough Market cash only?
- 6 How do I get from Liverpool Street to London Bridge?
- 7 Why is Borough Station closed?
- 8 How do I get to the borough?
- 9 What zone is Southwark?
- 10 What should I buy at Borough Market?
- 11 Is Borough Market open during lockdown?
- 12 What stalls are at Borough Market?
- 13 Why is Borough Market closed on Sunday?
How do I get to Borough Market by tube?
The nearest tube stations are on the Jubilee Line – London Bridge and Southwark stations (take a left exiting the Station towards Blackfriars Bridge and descending to the South Bank walk at the Bridge walking under and to the right of the Bridge or eastwards along the Thames).
What Tube line is borough on?
Borough is a London Underground station in the Borough area of the London Borough of Southwark in central London. It is on the Bank branch of the Northern line between Elephant & Castle and London Bridge stations. It is in Travelcard Zone 1.
What is the best day to go to Borough Market?
The best time to visit is between 10am to midday Wednesday to Friday; and 8am to midday on Saturday. Yes, Saturdays are the liveliest, but also the most crowded. Alternatively, go at around 4pm.
What days does borough market open?
When is Borough Market open? We are open Monday to Saturday, closed on Sundays and some public holidays.
Is Borough Market cash only?
Mostly cash but there are plenty of ATM’s around the market. You will be better off just using cash.
How do I get from Liverpool Street to London Bridge?
How to get to London Bridge from Liverpool Street. Take the Central line Westbound to Bank. Change at Bank and take the Northern line Southbound to London Bridge.
Why is Borough Station closed?
The Northern line station had been shut since 19 March as part of a plan by London Underground to ensure enough staff were available to keep busier interchange stations open.
How do I get to the borough?
Getting There The nearest stations are London Bridge, Borough and Southwark. The nearest station is London Bridge, which is about a four-minute walk away. You can reach Borough Market via routes 43, 141, 149 and 521.
What zone is Southwark?
Southwark is a London Underground station in the London Borough of Southwark at the corner of Blackfriars Road and The Cut. It is between Waterloo and London Bridge stations on the Jubilee line, and is in Travelcard Zone 1.
What should I buy at Borough Market?
16 reasons to visit the Borough Markets of London
- Fresh produce.
- Duck confit.
Is Borough Market open during lockdown?
Borough Market remains open as an essential retailer, with social distancing measures in place.
What stalls are at Borough Market?
- Alpine Deli. Charcuterie from South Tyrol.
- Alsop & Walker. Cheeses from East Sussex.
- Applebee’s Fish. Fishmongers and cafe.
- Applebee’s Fishbox. Grilled seafood tortillas, skewers and kebabs.
- Arabica Bar & Kitchen. Middle Eastern meze and Levantine-inspired cocktails.
- Arabica To Go.
- Artisan du Chocolat.
- Artisan Foods.
Why is Borough Market closed on Sunday?
It is pretty much closed during the week! Re Sundays, presumably it’s a licensing issue, though also the difficulties of Sunday travel for some traders might be a factor.