- 1 What days is Borough Market Open?
- 2 What is the best day to go to Borough Market?
- 3 Is Borough Market open during lockdown?
- 4 Are markets open in London during lockdown?
- 5 Is Maltby Street Market open during lockdown?
- 6 Can you eat at Borough Market?
- 7 Is Borough Market cash only?
- 8 What should I buy at Borough Market?
- 9 What tube station is Borough Market?
- 10 Is anything open in London?
- 11 Is Camden market open during lockdown?
- 12 What stalls are at Borough Market?
- 13 Is Greenwich market open during lockdown?
- 14 What’s the best market in London?
- 15 How do you have fun in lockdown?
What days is Borough Market Open?
When is Borough Market open? We are open Monday to Saturday, closed on Sundays and some public holidays. Not all traders are present on all days, but there is still plenty of choice throughout the week.
What is the best day to go to Borough Market?
The best time to visit is between 10am to midday Wednesday to Friday; and 8am to midday on Saturday. Yes, Saturdays are the liveliest, but also the most crowded. Alternatively, go at around 4pm.
Is Borough Market open during lockdown?
Borough Market remains open as an essential retailer, with social distancing measures in place.
Are markets open in London during lockdown?
Coronavirus/Covid: Markets are allowed to remain open in Lockdown for essential services which includes groceries and takeaway food.
Is Maltby Street Market open during lockdown?
Maltby Street Market Saturday 10am-5pm; Sunday 11am-4pm.
Can you eat at Borough Market?
There is a very nice line up of street food options along the outside wall of the market. There are probably about 10 stalls there, where you can stand in line for a sandwich or take-away plate of food. A few more street food options can be found throughout the market.
Is Borough Market cash only?
Mostly cash but there are plenty of ATM’s around the market. You will be better off just using cash.
What should I buy at Borough Market?
16 reasons to visit the Borough Markets of London
- Fresh produce.
- Duck confit.
What tube station is Borough Market?
The nearest stations are London Bridge, Borough and Southwark. The nearest station is London Bridge, which is about a four-minute walk away. You can reach Borough Market via routes 43, 141, 149 and 521.
Is anything open in London?
You can now visit COVID-secure shops, supermarkets, pharmacies, garden centres and market stalls again. All non-essential shops in London may now reopen following the easing of coronavirus restrictions.
Is Camden market open during lockdown?
What do you think of lockdown restrictions? Take our survey below. However there is some life still in the area. Along the canal, Camden Street Food Market remains open for business although some traders have doubts about how long it will remain so.
What stalls are at Borough Market?
- Alpine Deli. Charcuterie from South Tyrol.
- Alsop & Walker. Cheeses from East Sussex.
- Applebee’s Fish. Fishmongers and cafe.
- Applebee’s Fishbox. Grilled seafood tortillas, skewers and kebabs.
- Arabica Bar & Kitchen. Middle Eastern meze and Levantine-inspired cocktails.
- Arabica To Go.
- Artisan du Chocolat.
- Artisan Foods.
Is Greenwich market open during lockdown?
Greenwich Market will remain open 7 days a week and so will most of the surrounding cafes and bakeries. After the government enforced restrictions’ announcement to control the spread of Covid-19, we would like to update you what we are doing to ensure your safety whilst visiting the market.
What’s the best market in London?
Top 10 London markets you must visit
- Portobello Market. Image courtesy of Paul Hudson.
- Camden Market & Camden Lock Market. Image courtesy of George Rex.
- Borough Market.
- Old Spitalfields Market.
- Columbia Road Flower Market.
- Brick Lane Market.
- Covent Garden Market.
- Alfies Antique Market.
How do you have fun in lockdown?
50 Things to Do While in Lockdown
- 1- Instagram baking class.
- 2- Go to the zoo without leaving the house.
- 3- Learn a new language.
- 4- Listen to a podcast.
- 7- Watch some live music.
- 8- Museum tours.
- 9- Tour the USA’s greatest national parks.
- 10- Play Pictionary with a robot.