- 1 Is North Greenwich Zone 2?
- 2 How far is North Greenwich station from O2?
- 3 Is Greenwich on the Jubilee Line?
- 4 What Tube line is Greenwich on?
- 5 What if a station is in two zones?
- 6 What areas are Zone 1 and 2 in London?
- 7 How far is Greenwich from the O2 Arena?
- 8 How far is Greenwich station to the O2 arena?
- 9 What tube station is the O2?
- 10 Why is it called the Jubilee Line?
- 11 Where does the Jubilee line go?
- 12 Is the Jubilee line 24 hours?
- 13 How far is Greenwich from London?
- 14 What can you do in Greenwich for free?
- 15 How do I get to Greenwich from London?
Is North Greenwich Zone 2?
North Greenwich station is on the boundary of zone 2&3 so if you are coming from London it is in zone 2 so a zones 1- 2 travelcard will suffice.
How far is North Greenwich station from O2?
Book travel across Europe It may be quicker to travel directly to North Greenwich station on the Jubilee Line, which you can join at several mainline stations, including London Bridge, Waterloo and Stratford. Once you’re at North Greenwich, The O2 is just two minutes’ walk away and well signposted.
Is Greenwich on the Jubilee Line?
The nearest Underground station is North Greenwich, on the Jubilee line, which is just next door to The O2 and Emirates Air Line. It takes about 12 minutes from London Bridge, or 25 minutes from Bond Street. You can of course get here from any tube station though and change at appropriate stations en-route.
What Tube line is Greenwich on?
Greenwich and Cutty Sark stations are on the the DLR line running from Lewisham to Bank (interchange for London underground Northern Line and Central Line ) via Canary Wharf (interchange with London underground Jubilee line ).
What if a station is in two zones?
A traveller a two – zone station can, in effect, ‘save’ a zone and perhaps therefore pay a cheaper fare. For example, travelling to West Ham from any zone 2 station is a single zone journey, but so is travelling there from any zone 3 station.
What areas are Zone 1 and 2 in London?
Zone 1 covers all of Central London. Zone 2 encircles zone 1 and covers a large swathe of the inner London suburbs.
How far is Greenwich from the O2 Arena?
The distance between Greenwich and The O2 Arena is 2 miles.
How far is Greenwich station to the O2 arena?
The distance between Greenwich Station and The O2 Arena is 2 miles.
What tube station is the O2?
Getting here by tube North Greenwich station is on the Jubilee Line in Zones 2 and 3. And it’s right on our doorstep. Get here from Central London in 20 minutes.
Why is it called the Jubilee Line?
Why is it called the Jubilee line? It is named after Queen Elizabeth II’s Silver Jubilee in 1977, though it didn’t open until two years later. During planning and most of its construction it had been called the Fleet line, after the river flowing underneath London.
Where does the Jubilee line go?
The Jubilee line is a London Underground line that runs between Stratford in east London and Stanmore in the suburban north-west, via the Docklands, South Bank and West End. Opened in 1979, it is the newest line on the network, although some sections of track date back to 1932 and some stations to 1879.
Is the Jubilee line 24 hours?
Five Tube lines run a 24 – hour service on Fridays and Saturdays: Victoria, Central, Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly lines. The London Overground operates 24 hours on Fridays and Saturdays between New Cross Gate and Highbury & Islington (not including Whitechapel).
How far is Greenwich from London?
Distance between London and Greenwich is 8.35 km. This distance is equal to 5.19 miles, and 4.5 nautical miles.
What can you do in Greenwich for free?
Top free things to do in Greenwich
- Explore the free galleries of the National Maritime Museum.
- Visit the Queen’s House to see the Armada portrait of Elizabeth I.
- Stroll through Greenwich Park and enjoy London’s best view.
- Travel through space at the free Astronomy Centre galleries.
How do I get to Greenwich from London?
How to get to Greenwich in London
- Travel from central London to Greenwich by riverboat, train, Tube and DLR.
- The Emirates Air Line cable car connects Greenwich Peninsula to the Royal Docks.
- It takes between 20 and 35 minutes to travel from London City Airport to Greenwich by DLR and Tube.