- 1 Is Waltham Forest dangerous?
- 2 What areas does Waltham Forest cover?
- 3 What is Walthamstow famous for?
- 4 What London borough is Walthamstow in?
- 5 What’s the worst part of London?
- 6 What’s the worst borough in London?
- 7 Is Waltham Forest a county?
- 8 How can I contact Waltham Forest Council?
- 9 Is London a county?
- 10 Is Higham Hill safe?
- 11 Is Walthamstow posh?
- 12 What is there to do in Walthamstow today?
- 13 Is Walthamstow a good place to live?
- 14 How far is Walthamstow from London?
- 15 What days are Walthamstow market open?
Is Waltham Forest dangerous?
1) The criminal hotspot of Waltham Forest – High Street – 215. High Street is where the most amount of crime was reported in the borough. There are 11 crimes per 1000 people in High Street. Anti-social behaviour (48) and violence and sexual offences (44) are the highest reported.
What areas does Waltham Forest cover?
Waltham Forest, in north-east London, is one of the greenest boroughs north of the River Thames. It’s made up of three neighbourhoods: Chingford in the north, Walthamstow in the centre and Leyton and Leytonstone in the south. It is a diverse borough, with 62 per cent of residents being from minority ethnic backgrounds.
What is Walthamstow famous for?
One of its most famous residents was the writer, poet, designer and socialist William Morris, who was born there on 24 March 1834, and lived there for several years. His former house in Walthamstow is a museum dedicated to his life and works, while the grounds of the house are a public park (Lloyd Park in Forest Road).
What London borough is Walthamstow in?
Walthamstow is a district of northeast London, located in the London Borough of Waltham Forest. It is situated 6.4 miles (10.3 km) north-east of Charing Cross.
What’s the worst part of London?
Most Dangerous Areas In London Westminster – Crime rate 321.4 crimes per 1,000 people. Camden – Crime rate 154.2 crimes per 1,000 people. Kensington and Chelsea – Crime rate 153.9 crimes per 1,000 people. Hammersmith and Fulham – Crime rate 129.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
What’s the worst borough in London?
When the population of a borough is considered the borough with the highest rate of crime per person remains Westminster with 192.8 crimes for every 1,000 people, second highest is Kensington and Chelsea ((112.7 per 1,000 people) and third Camden (117 per 1,000 people).
Is Waltham Forest a county?
Waltham Forest belongs to the historic county of Essex. The borough was established in 1965 by the amalgamation of the former boroughs of Chingford, Leyton, and Walthamstow.
How can I contact Waltham Forest Council?
Social services for children, young people and families
- Phone 020 8496 2310 (Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5.15pm and Friday, 9am to 5pm)
- Phone 020 8496 3000 (out of hours)
- Minicom 020 8496 3010.
- Fax 020 8496 2313.
- Email wfdliaison@ walthamforest.gov.uk.
Is London a county?
London is a city and an administrative region – not exactly a county. The rest of the country is divided into administrative regions called counties. However, London is divided into 32 administrative boroughs.
Is Higham Hill safe?
The category of crime that most concerns people is violent crime. We have taken the ten nearest place to Higham Hill and ranked them according to the number of violent incidents in the ‘best fit’ Policing neighbourhood. Most violent places near Higham Hill.
Is Walthamstow posh?
Property pundits have been plugging Walthamstow for years, to no avail. It remains one of the best value (cue “by London standards” klaxon), nicest places within relatively easy reach of central London.
What is there to do in Walthamstow today?
Here are my favourite things to do in Walthamstow:
- Walthamstow Wetlands. Walthamstow Wetlands.
- Mirth, Marvel and Maud (the old Walthamstow cinema)
- William Morris Gallery.
- L Manze pie and mash shop.
- God’s Own Junkyard.
- Walthamstow Village.
- Walthamstow Market.
- Ravenswood Industrial Estate.
Is Walthamstow a good place to live?
Walthamstow dubbed one of London’s ‘ best places to live ‘ by Sunday Times. Walthamstow schools, culture and local businesses receive mentions as area is named one of London’s top neighbourhoods for 2021 Walthamstow has been dubbed one of London’s six best places to live by The Sunday Times.
How far is Walthamstow from London?
The distance between London and Walthamstow is 7 miles.
What days are Walthamstow market open?
The market is open: Tuesday-Friday, 8am-5pm. Saturday, 8am-5.30pm.