- 1 What town is St Thomas Hospital in?
- 2 How far is Guy’s Hospital from London Bridge station?
- 3 How far is Guy’s Hospital from St Thomas Hospital?
- 4 How do I get to Guy’s Hospital from London Bridge?
- 5 What is the most famous hospital in London?
- 6 What does Guy’s and St Thomas Hospital specializes in?
- 7 What zone is London Bridge?
- 8 Can you park at Guys Hospital?
- 9 How do you get to Guys and St Thomas Hospital?
- 10 Why are guys hospitals called?
- 11 Is Guys Hospital in congestion charge?
What town is St Thomas Hospital in?
The present-day St Thomas’ Hospital is located at a site historically known as Stangate in the London Borough of Lambeth. It is directly across the River Thames from the Palace of Westminster on a plot of land largely reclaimed from the river during construction of the Albert Embankment in the late 1860s.
How far is Guy’s Hospital from London Bridge station?
Tube stations near Guy’s Hospital in Borough
|London Bridge||4 min walk|
|Monument||13 min walk|
How far is Guy’s Hospital from St Thomas Hospital?
Guy’s Hospital is a five minute walk from here. If you have difficulty walking you may prefer to take the number 77 bus to Waterloo station from outside the A&E entrance to St Thomas ‘ on Lambeth Palace Road.
How do I get to Guy’s Hospital from London Bridge?
The nearest stations are:
- London Bridge – Northern and Jubilee lines (five minutes’ walk) There is step-free access to the Jubilee and Northern Lines.
- Monument – District and Circle lines (15 minutes’ walk)
- Borough – Northern line (15 minutes’ walk).
What is the most famous hospital in London?
Best Hospitals – United Kingdom
|1||St Thomas’ Hospital London||91.2|
|2||The Royal Victoria Infirmary Newcastle Upon Tyne||90.9|
|3||University College Hospital London||90.6|
What does Guy’s and St Thomas Hospital specializes in?
Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals provide specialist heart and lung services across the country. We also provide specialist services for patients from further afield, including cancer, cardiovascular, women’s and children’s services, kidney care and orthopaedics.
What zone is London Bridge?
Zone 1 covers the West End, the Holborn district, Kensington, Paddington and the City of London, as well as Old Street, Angel, Pimlico, Tower Gateway, Aldgate East, Euston, Vauxhall, Elephant & Castle, Borough, London Bridge, Earl’s Court, Marylebone, Edgware Road, Lambeth North and Waterloo.
Can you park at Guys Hospital?
Parking at Guy’s Hospital Parking in the Guy’s car park is only available for disabled patients who are blue badge holders and have an appointment on that day. There is an NCP car park at the junction of Snowsfields and Kipling Street, about a five minute walk from the hospital.
How do you get to Guys and St Thomas Hospital?
The nearest tube stations are: Westminster – District, Circle and Jubilee lines (10 minutes’ walk). See access information about travelling from Westminster Station to St Thomas ‘ Hospital’s main entrance. Waterloo – Bakerloo, Jubilee and Northern lines (15 minutes’ walk).
Why are guys hospitals called?
Guy’s hospital. Established in 1721 by Thomas Guy, a Governor and benefactor of St. Thomas’ Street for a peppercorn for 999 years (Fig. 3).
Is Guys Hospital in congestion charge?
Our hospitals are in the Congestion Charging zone and the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ).