- 1 What is the best area to stay in London?
- 2 Where should I stay in London for the first time?
- 3 What areas of London should tourists avoid?
- 4 What are the safest areas in London?
- 5 What is the nicest part of London?
- 6 How many days in London is enough?
- 7 Is Hyde Park safe at night?
- 8 What is the cheapest month to travel to London?
- 9 How can I stay in London for free?
- 10 Which areas of London are dangerous?
- 11 What is the roughest part of London?
- 12 What’s the worst part of London?
- 13 Where do rich people live in London?
- 14 Which areas in London are up and coming?
- 15 Is London more dangerous than New York?
What is the best area to stay in London?
The 10 Best Neighborhoods in London for Tourists
- Covent Garden.
- Kensington, Belgravia, & Chelsea.
- Westminster & St James.
- Soho & Leicester Square.
- Camden Town & Primrose Hill.
- The City.
- Mayfair and Marylebone.
- East End/Spitalfields.
Where should I stay in London for the first time?
Proximity to Hyde Park, Green Park, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and Westminster Abbey are all reasons why Mayfair is the best area to stay in London for first time visitors to the city.
What areas of London should tourists avoid?
The Top 10 Most Dangerous London Boroughs (Updated for 2019)
- 10) Hackney. The London Borough of Hackney is an area of Inner London which spans parts of East London and North London.
- 9) Croydon. Croydon is a South London borough located just over nine miles from Charing Cross.
- 8) Brent.
- 7) Haringey.
- 6) Tower Hamlets.
- 5) Lambeth.
- 4) Southwark.
- 3) Camden.
What are the safest areas in London?
10 safest places to live in London in 2021
- 5: Sutton: 12,100 crimes – 58.38 per 1,000.
- 4: Kingston upon Thames: 10,507 crimes – 58.16 per 1,000.
- 3: Bexley: 14,389 crimes – 57.70 per 1,000.
- 2: Harrow: 14,578 crimes – 57.22 per 1,000.
- 1: Richmond upon Thames: 11,336 crimes – 56.68 per 1,000.
What is the nicest part of London?
Below we have reviewed 13 of the most highly-ranked areas in London for families.
- Isle of Dogs. It’s not actually an island, but this area in East London is situated in a large meander on the River Thames.
- East Finchley.
- Notting Hill.
How many days in London is enough?
For first-time visitors, I recommend spending at least 3- 4 days in London. This should give you sufficient time to get acquainted with the city, see the main landmarks and visit a few tourist attractions in London. Also, don’t try to see ‘everything’.
Is Hyde Park safe at night?
1. Re: walking through Hyde Park /Kensington Gardens at night. Perfectly safe. There is a road running through the middle which goes from the Royal Albert Hall to Lancaster Gate.
What is the cheapest month to travel to London?
Flights. According to Cheapflights.com, the best time for bargains on flights to London is during September and October. Frommer’s indicates that November 1 to December 12, and December 25 through March 14 are other times to get the best airfare bargains.
How can I stay in London for free?
Looking for a Free Place to Stay in London?
- Live a different life in a different place. Image-Barterquest.com.
- Guardians Property on Live-in Guardians.
- Beautiful workaway property near London.
- Couchsurfing.org mobile app.
Which areas of London are dangerous?
- Hackney – 4,140. The East London borough of Hackney is the fifth most dangerous borough in London according to Metropolitan Police data from January and February.
- Southwark – 4,192.
- Tower Hamlets – 4,572.
- Newham – 4,733.
- Croydon – 4,781.
What is the roughest part of London?
The two London Boroughs with the highest rate of gun and knife crime are Southwark and Lambeth. Other London Boroughs with high gun and knife crime rates include Brent, Haringey and Hackney.
What’s the worst part of London?
Most Dangerous Areas In London Westminster – Crime rate 321.4 crimes per 1,000 people. Camden – Crime rate 154.2 crimes per 1,000 people. Kensington and Chelsea – Crime rate 153.9 crimes per 1,000 people. Hammersmith and Fulham – Crime rate 129.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
Where do rich people live in London?
Over the past year, London saw its billionaire population increase by one. Some London billionaires live on Kensington Palace Gardens, known as Billionaire’s Boulevard, the most expensive street in Britain.
Which areas in London are up and coming?
Here’s our list of London’s top 5 up and coming areas that you should keep your eyes on in 2018.
- Nunhead, Southwark.
- Stoke Newington, Hackney.
- Woolwich, Greenwich.
- Acton, Ealing.
- Crystal Palace.
Is London more dangerous than New York?
Compared to the population at the time, that meant London was suffering 2.7 homicides per 100,000 people. By 2017, that figure had dropped to 1.48 per 100,000. And that’s still much lower than New York. In 2017, London saw 116 murders, while New York’s death toll was 292.