- 1 What tube station is Borough Market?
- 2 Can I go to Borough Market?
- 3 What is the best day to go to Borough Market?
- 4 Is Borough Market cash only?
- 5 What is Borough Market famous for?
- 6 How far is Borough Market from Tower Bridge?
- 7 Is Borough Market Open lockdown?
- 8 What should I buy at Borough Market?
- 9 Is Maltby Street Market open during lockdown?
- 10 What stalls are at Borough Market?
- 11 Can you walk across the London Bridge?
- 12 What are the best markets in London?
- 13 Does Borough Market have toilets?
- 14 Is Borough Market Safe?
What tube station is Borough Market?
The nearest stations are London Bridge, Borough and Southwark. The nearest station is London Bridge, which is about a four-minute walk away. You can reach Borough Market via routes 43, 141, 149 and 521.
Can I go to Borough Market?
When is Borough Market open? We are open Monday to Saturday and closed on public holidays. Not all of the traders are present on all days currently, but there is still plenty of choice throughout the week. The full market is in operation Thursday to Saturday.
What is the best day to go to Borough Market?
The best time to visit is between 10am to midday Wednesday to Friday; and 8am to midday on Saturday. Yes, Saturdays are the liveliest, but also the most crowded. Alternatively, go at around 4pm.
Is Borough Market cash only?
Mostly cash but there are plenty of ATM’s around the market. You will be better off just using cash.
What is Borough Market famous for?
One of the most famous places to visit in London, especially if you love to eat, is Borough Market. The market was established in 1885, and it’s one of the most renowned markets in London for artisan prepared food, and fresh organic produce.
How far is Borough Market from Tower Bridge?
A good combination is a visit to London Tower Bridge or the Tate Modern and lunch in the nearby Borough Market which is about five minutes walk away.
Is Borough Market Open lockdown?
Borough Market remains open as an essential retailer, with social distancing measures in place.
What should I buy at Borough Market?
16 reasons to visit the Borough Markets of London
- Fresh produce.
- Duck confit.
Is Maltby Street Market open during lockdown?
Maltby Street Market Saturday 10am-5pm; Sunday 11am-4pm.
What stalls are at Borough Market?
- Alpine Deli. Charcuterie from South Tyrol.
- Alsop & Walker. Cheeses from East Sussex.
- Applebee’s Fish. Fishmongers and cafe.
- Applebee’s Fishbox. Grilled seafood tortillas, skewers and kebabs.
- Arabica Bar & Kitchen. Middle Eastern meze and Levantine-inspired cocktails.
- Arabica To Go.
- Artisan du Chocolat.
- Artisan Foods.
Can you walk across the London Bridge?
It is totally free to walk across the bridge. You can also time your walk to coincide with the lifting of the drawbridge. Both are top free things to do in London.
What are the best markets in London?
Central London markets
- Borough Market. View this post on Instagram.
- Covent Garden Market. View this post on Instagram.
- Maltby Street Market. View this post on Instagram.
- Market Hall West End.
- Seven Dials Market.
- Southbank Centre Book Market and Food Market.
- Columbia Road Flower Market.
- Old Spitalfields Market.
Does Borough Market have toilets?
Public toilets (including accessible toilets ) are open during trading hours for customer use, located in Three Crown Square, Borough Market Kitchen and the Market Hall.
Is Borough Market Safe?
Borough Market has remained open since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, providing the local community with access to essential produce. Throughout this time, the Market’s main priority has been to keep customers, traders and staff as safe as possible.