- 1 What area is Canary Wharf in?
- 2 Is Tower Hamlets the poorest borough?
- 3 Is Canary Wharf a rich area?
- 4 What offices are in Canary Wharf?
- 5 What is the average salary in Canary Wharf?
- 6 Is Canary Wharf a nice place to live?
- 7 What is the richest part of London?
- 8 What are the worst areas in London?
- 9 What’s the poorest part of London?
- 10 Can you drive into Canary Wharf?
- 11 Is Canary Wharf posh?
- 12 Is East London still poor?
- 13 Why is Canary Wharf famous?
- 14 How far is Canary Wharf from central London?
- 15 Is Canary Wharf built on water?
What area is Canary Wharf in?
Canary Wharf is a major business district in Tower Hamlets, East London. It is one of the United Kingdom’s two main financial centres, second only to the traditional City of London.
Is Tower Hamlets the poorest borough?
Tower Hamlets remains highly deprived relative to other London Boroughs. Tower Hamlets is the most deprived borough in London on three of the five summary measures (the average score, the extent and the most deprived ten per cent measures).
Is Canary Wharf a rich area?
London’s ‘Highest Earning Postcode’ Today, Canary Wharf not only employs more bankers than the City of London, but the E14 postcode is now considered ‘London’s highest salary postcode’, averaging at £100,000.
What offices are in Canary Wharf?
- Balfour Beatty. 5 Churchill Place. Canary Wharf.
- Barclays PLC. 5 North Colonnade. Canary Wharf.
- Barclays PLC. 10 South Colonnade. Canary Wharf.
- Barclays PLC. One Churchill Place. Canary Wharf.
- Barclays PLC. 20 Cabot Square.
- BBVA. One Canada Square.
- Begbies Traynor Group plc. 40 Bank Street.
- Bellway Homes Ltd. One Canada Square.
What is the average salary in Canary Wharf?
The average salary in Canary Wharf, England: London is £42k. Trends in wages decreased by -100.0 percent in Q4 2020. The cost of living in Canary Wharf, England: London is 100 percent higher than the national average.
Is Canary Wharf a nice place to live?
Canary Wharf is also a very safe area. Living there means you can walk home from work or go for a late-night run without fear. The local property market caters to high-level professionals who want to be close to work, with amazing features and fantastic views of the city.
What is the richest part of London?
The 10 most expensive London boroughs
- Westminster – £3,099,172.
- Kensington and Chelsea – £2,080,134.
- Camden – £1,858,738.
- Hammersmith and Fulham – £964,013.
- Hackney – £933,006.
- Richmond upon Thames – £838,527.
- Lambeth – £834,518.
- Wandsworth – £803,319.
What are the worst areas in London?
Most Dangerous Areas In London
- Westminster – Crime rate of 321.4 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Camden – Crime rate of 154.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Kensington and Chelsea – Crime rate 153.9 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Hammersmith and Fulham – Crime rate 129.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
What’s the poorest part of London?
The most concentrated areas of high poverty are in areas such as Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Newham, and the north east of London. There are also noticeable pockets of high poverty rates in areas in west London, such as in Brent and the north ends of Kensington & Chelsea and Westminster.
Can you drive into Canary Wharf?
Canary Wharf is easily accessible by road and served by several modes of public transport.
Is Canary Wharf posh?
A desirable shopping spot, Canary Wharf is home to more than 120 stores across five shopping centres. The area is ideal for browsing all the top high street shops and designer boutiques to your heart’s content, then finishing your day with a bite to eat at one of the area’s many eateries.
Is East London still poor?
The area was notorious for its deep poverty, overcrowding and associated social problems. While some parts of the East End are undergoing rapid change, the area continues to contain some of the worst poverty in Britain.
Why is Canary Wharf famous?
Canary Wharf is located on the West India Docks on the Isle of Dogs. From 1802 to the late 1980s, what would become the Canary Wharf Estate was a part of the Isle of Dogs (Millwall), Limehouse, and Poplar and was one of the busiest docks in the world.
How far is Canary Wharf from central London?
The distance between Canary Wharf and London is 5 miles.
Is Canary Wharf built on water?
Canary Wharf is built on the site of the old West India Docks on the Isle of Dogs. From 1802 to 1980, the area was one of the busiest docks in the world, at one point employing 50,000 people.