- 1 What is Hackney famous for?
- 2 Is Hackney a ghetto?
- 3 What is there to do in Hackney this weekend?
- 4 Where can I go out in Hackney?
- 5 Is Hackney a rich area?
- 6 Is Hackney expensive?
- 7 What’s the worst part of London?
- 8 How dangerous is Hackney?
- 9 What is the most dangerous area of London?
- 10 Which part of London is Hackney?
- 11 Where in London is Shoreditch?
What is Hackney famous for?
Home to young creative types, it’s an area with strong community ties and is known for its great food and unmatched nightlife. Encompassing nightlife hotspots such as Dalston, edgy enclaves like Hackney Wick and village neighbourhoods like Stoke Newington, Hackney has become one of London’s most desirable boroughs.
Is Hackney a ghetto?
The London Borough of Hackney is an area of Inner London which spans parts of East London and North London. However, with a total of 33,381 crimes taking place in the area, Hackney is also London’s tenth most dangerous borough.
What is there to do in Hackney this weekend?
Top 10 Things To Do and See in Hackney
- Pet animals at Hackney City Farm. Museum.
- Marvel at centuries of interior design at the Geffrye Museum of the Home. Building, Museum.
- Dive into an outdoor swimming pool.
- Shop at a proper East End market.
- Visit a historic film site.
- Pretend you’re in ‘East Enders’
- Take in some World War I history.
- Visit an arthouse cinema.
Where can I go out in Hackney?
A Nightlife Guide to Hackney, London
- Mangle E8. Situated just a three-minute walk down the road from London Fields station, Mangle E8 can hold up to 700 people.
- The Dolphin.
- The Star by Hackney Downs.
- The Nest.
- The Natural Philosopher.
- The Alibi.
- Dalston Superstore.
- The Victoria Dalston.
Is Hackney a rich area?
The borough of Hackney falls outside the top ten richest boroughs in London. With the average house priced at £622,000, it takes the number 11 slot.
Is Hackney expensive?
Hackney has seen enormous amounts of regeneration over the last few decades, and as a result properties here are now £600,000 on average, slightly more than the London average, making Hackney the 12th most expensive borough in the capital.
What’s the worst part of London?
Most Dangerous Areas In London Westminster – Crime rate 321.4 crimes per 1,000 people. Camden – Crime rate 154.2 crimes per 1,000 people. Kensington and Chelsea – Crime rate 153.9 crimes per 1,000 people. Hammersmith and Fulham – Crime rate 129.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
How dangerous is Hackney?
Compared with other areas in London, Hackney has an above-average crime rate, though it’s certainly not one of the worst affected areas. With a total of 4,198 crimes already reported this year, Hackney ranks 10th out of 33, just behind Brent and Tower Hamlets.
What is the most dangerous area of London?
Crime numbers in each borough: When the population of a borough is considered the borough with the highest rate of crime per person remains Westminster with 192.8 crimes for every 1,000 people, second highest is Kensington and Chelsea ((112.7 per 1,000 people) and third Camden (117 per 1,000 people).
Which part of London is Hackney?
The London Borough of Hackney is in north-east London, and is the fastest growing borough in east London. Much of Hackney maintains its inner-city character.
Where in London is Shoreditch?
Shoreditch is an area of London within the London Borough of Hackney. It is a built-up part of the inner city immediately to the north of the City of London, located 2.5 miles (4.0 km) east north east of Charing Cross. Shoreditch has, since around 1996, become a popular and fashionable part of London.