- 1 Is Kings Cross a safe area?
- 2 Is Kings Cross station the same as St Pancras?
- 3 Is Kings Cross a good area to stay in London?
- 4 How far is Kings Cross from central London?
- 5 Is Kings Cross dangerous at night?
- 6 What is Kings Cross famous for?
- 7 Can you walk from St Pancras to Kings Cross?
- 8 How far is St Pancras from Kings Cross?
- 9 Which tube lines go to Kings Cross?
- 10 What areas of London should tourists avoid?
- 11 Where is the best location to stay in London?
- 12 What are the bad parts of London?
- 13 What happened at Kings Cross Station?
- 14 What is Kings Cross in Harry Potter?
- 15 How far is Hackney from Kings Cross?
Is Kings Cross a safe area?
King’s Cross is safe. It had a bit of a dodgy past that you may be reading about, but the areas around the station have been completely redeveloped and it’s nothing like it used to be. I’ve regularly waited for a bus near Birkenhead Street late at night and never had a problem.
Is Kings Cross station the same as St Pancras?
King’s Cross and St Pancras stations are two different stations, but they are side by side, separated by a pedestrian area and a road. They share a tube station (called ” King’s Cross St Pancras “). It is also the terminus for Eurostar trains to Paris and Brussels and for High Speed trains to Kent.
Is Kings Cross a good area to stay in London?
Kings Cross would be an ideal area for you to stay in. It is well connected by bus and underground to all areas of central London. Other hotels in the area include the Novotel St Pancras, right on the Euston Road, or the Travelodges at either Euston Station or the top end of Grays Inn Road.
How far is Kings Cross from central London?
Kings Cross is a district in Central London, England, 1.5 miles (2.5 km) north of Charing Cross. It is served by London King’s Cross railway station, the terminus of one of the major rail routes between London and the North. Kings Cross, London.
Is Kings Cross dangerous at night?
Police are everywhere and people still get into fights and brawls. The hospital there is basically designed to treat alcoholic patients and drug abusers, very few other patients actually frequent there. The new laws shut down the place a little early but it’s still very rowdy and horrific at night.
What is Kings Cross famous for?
King’s Cross might be best known for its bustling train stations linking London to other parts of the country, as well as the continent, but a recent host of developments have regenerated the area, with new restaurants, bars and pubs popping up (check out just how much of a transformation King’s Cross has been through
Can you walk from St Pancras to Kings Cross?
Pancras Trail. The St. Pancras Trail is a circular walking route that takes you through some of King’s Cross ‘ oldest neighbourhoods. Pancras, passing The Francis Crick Institute into Somers Town and then towards Camden Town, before eventually heading back around into King’s Cross.
How far is St Pancras from Kings Cross?
The journey takes approximately 5 min. How far is it from London Kings Cross Station to St Pancras Hospital? The distance between London Kings Cross Station and St Pancras Hospital is 2843 feet.
Which tube lines go to Kings Cross?
King’s Cross St Pancras Underground station links six London Underground lines – Circle, Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City, Northern, Metropolitan and Victoria. This makes it the biggest interchange on the London Underground, and one of the busiest.
What areas of London should tourists avoid?
The Top 10 Most Dangerous London Boroughs (Updated for 2019)
- 10) Hackney. The London Borough of Hackney is an area of Inner London which spans parts of East London and North London.
- 9) Croydon. Croydon is a South London borough located just over nine miles from Charing Cross.
- 8) Brent.
- 7) Haringey.
- 6) Tower Hamlets.
- 5) Lambeth.
- 4) Southwark.
- 3) Camden.
Where is the best location to stay in London?
The 10 Best Neighborhoods in London for Tourists
- Covent Garden.
- Kensington, Belgravia, & Chelsea.
- Westminster & St James.
- Soho & Leicester Square.
- Camden Town & Primrose Hill.
- The City.
- Mayfair and Marylebone.
- East End/Spitalfields.
What are the bad parts of London?
According to Churchill Security, the most dangerous areas in London are:
- Westminster – Crime rate 321.4 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Camden – Crime rate 154.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Kensington and Chelsea – Crime rate 153.9 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Hammersmith and Fulham – Crime rate 129.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
What happened at Kings Cross Station?
The fire started under a wooden escalator serving the Piccadilly line and, at 19:45, erupted in a flashover into the underground ticket hall, killing thirty-one people and injuring 100. A public inquiry was conducted from February to June 1988.
What is Kings Cross in Harry Potter?
Calling all Potter fans! As any fan of J.K. Rowling’s bestselling series will know, King’s Cross is where students of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry catch the Hogwarts Express. In the wizarding world, Harry and his friends get to the platform by dashing through a brick wall between platforms 9 and 10.
How far is Hackney from Kings Cross?
The distance between London Kings Cross and Hackney Central is 3 miles.