- 1 What zone is Croydon in?
- 2 Is Croydon Oyster zone?
- 3 Which zone is South Croydon?
- 4 What zone is Purley?
- 5 Can I use Oyster card to Croydon?
- 6 Is Croydon classed as London?
- 7 How far is Croydon from London?
- 8 Can I use Oyster to East Croydon?
- 9 Is Gatwick in the oyster zone?
- 10 Is South Croydon safe?
- 11 Is Purley a safe place to live?
- 12 What zones are covered by a Travelcard?
- 13 How far is Purley from London?
What zone is Croydon in?
Croydon, a south London/Surrey suburb that would be a sizeable city in its own right had it not long ago been swallowed by London, has two rail stations in its commercial centre. East Croydon is a stop on the London to Brighton line; West Croydon is served primarily by suburban services. Both are currently in zone 5.
Is Croydon Oyster zone?
East Croydon is a railway station and tram stop in the town of Croydon, Greater London, England, and is located in Travelcard Zone 5.
Which zone is South Croydon?
South Croydon railway station is in the London Borough of Croydon in south London, in Travelcard Zone 5. It is on the Brighton Line at its junction with the Oxted Line, 11 miles 21 chains (18.1 km) measured from London Bridge.
What zone is Purley?
Purley railway station is in the London Borough of Croydon on the Brighton Main Line, 13 miles 29 chains (21.50 km) measured from London Bridge (15 miles 13 chains (24.40 km) from Charing Cross ), in Travelcard Zone 6.
Can I use Oyster card to Croydon?
East Croydon rail station is within Travelcard Zone 5, but all Tramlink stops are within Travelcard Zone 4. London buses no longer accept cash payments for any journeys and all adult passengers must use an Oystercard or contactless debit/credit card.
Is Croydon classed as London?
In 1965 the district was officially part of London and was called the London Borough of Croydon within Greater London. Despite Croydon being classed as London, some people in the borough will notice a difference in postcodes.
How far is Croydon from London?
The distance between London and Croydon is 9 miles.
Can I use Oyster to East Croydon?
East Croydon station You can top up pay-as-you-go on Oyster using the self service ticket machines.
Is Gatwick in the oyster zone?
Gatwick has no Oyster fare zone and specific fare cap, your Oyster is just debited for the fare between Gatwick and London. If you interchange between the Gatwick Train journey and the London Underground / DLR networks you will have to pass through ticket barriers at the interchange rail station.
Is South Croydon safe?
9) Croydon Croydon is a South London borough located just over nine miles from Charing Cross. In fact, in 2018 Croydon was ranked one of the worst parts of London in terms of knife crime. With a total of 33,410 (including 11,771 violence against the person) crimes, Croydon is London’s ninth most dangerous borough.
Is Purley a safe place to live?
Purley is a safe place to live. In 2014/2015, the crime rate and violence against the person rate were both about 5% lower than the rates for London as a whole.
What zones are covered by a Travelcard?
The travelcard that is included with the London Pass package can be used within Zones 1-6 on London’s local buses, London Underground, National Rail Trains, Docklands Light Rail, and the Tramlink.
How far is Purley from London?
The distance between Purley and London is 12 miles.