- 1 What days is Borough Market Open?
- 2 What is the best day to go to Borough Market?
- 3 Why is Borough Market closed on Sunday?
- 4 Is Borough Market open during lockdown?
- 5 Is Maltby Street Market open during lockdown?
- 6 Is Borough Market cash only?
- 7 What should I buy at Borough Market?
- 8 What is the oldest market in London?
- 9 Can you walk across the London Bridge?
- 10 Can I go to Borough Market?
- 11 What is there to eat at Borough Market?
- 12 Is Bury Market on today?
- 13 What markets are open in London during lockdown?
- 14 Is Camden market open during lockdown?
- 15 Is anything open in London?
What days is Borough Market Open?
When is Borough Market open? We are open Monday to Saturday, closed on Sundays and some public holidays. Not all traders are present on all days, but there is still plenty of choice throughout the week.
What is the best day to go to Borough Market?
The best time to visit is between 10am to midday Wednesday to Friday; and 8am to midday on Saturday. Yes, Saturdays are the liveliest, but also the most crowded. Alternatively, go at around 4pm.
Why is Borough Market closed on Sunday?
It is pretty much closed during the week! Re Sundays, presumably it’s a licensing issue, though also the difficulties of Sunday travel for some traders might be a factor.
Is Borough Market open during lockdown?
Borough Market remains open as an essential retailer, with social distancing measures in place.
Is Maltby Street Market open during lockdown?
Maltby Street Market Saturday 10am-5pm; Sunday 11am-4pm.
Is Borough Market cash only?
Mostly cash but there are plenty of ATM’s around the market. You will be better off just using cash.
What should I buy at Borough Market?
16 reasons to visit the Borough Markets of London
- Fresh produce.
- Duck confit.
What is the oldest market in London?
Borough Market is one of London’s most famous food markets. At the Southwark market you’ll find British and international foods.
Can you walk across the London Bridge?
It is totally free to walk across the bridge. You can also time your walk to coincide with the lifting of the drawbridge. Both are top free things to do in London.
Can I go to Borough Market?
When is Borough Market open? We are open Monday to Saturday and closed on public holidays. Not all of the traders are present on all days currently, but there is still plenty of choice throughout the week. The full market is in operation Thursday to Saturday.
What is there to eat at Borough Market?
Best Street Food in Borough Market
- Roast Hog. The roast pork sandwiches at Roast Hog start out with a whole hot on the spit (Photo by Savored Journeys)
- Nana Fanny’s. Nana Fanny’s falafel wraps are a nice light option (photo by Savored Journeys)
- Soul Food.
- Bread Ahead.
- Hobbs Meat Roast.
Is Bury Market on today?
Open on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 9am to 4.30pm, except Saturday when open until 5pm. Please note Bury Market does not open on Bank Holiday Mondays or on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
What markets are open in London during lockdown?
Coronavirus/Covid: Markets are allowed to remain open in Lockdown for essential services which includes groceries and takeaway food.
- Borough Market.
- Maltby St Market (Ropewalk)
- Camden Market.
- Southbank Centre Food Market.
- KERB – King’s Cross.
- Picadilly Market at St James’s Church.
- Partridges Food Market.
- Whitecross St Market.
Is Camden market open during lockdown?
What do you think of lockdown restrictions? Take our survey below. However there is some life still in the area. Along the canal, Camden Street Food Market remains open for business although some traders have doubts about how long it will remain so.
Is anything open in London?
You can now visit COVID-secure shops, supermarkets, pharmacies, garden centres and market stalls again. All non-essential shops in London may now reopen following the easing of coronavirus restrictions.