- 1 What line is Wandsworth on?
- 2 What zone is Wandsworth Road station?
- 3 How far is Wandsworth from central London?
- 4 What line is tooting station on?
- 5 Is Wandsworth posh?
- 6 Does Wandsworth have a tube station?
- 7 Is Wandsworth a nice area?
- 8 Is Wandsworth London safe?
- 9 What is Wandsworth famous for?
- 10 How do you get to Tooting station?
- 11 How do you get to Tooting Bec?
- 12 What zone is Balham?
What line is Wandsworth on?
Wandsworth Town railway station is in the London Borough of Wandsworth, in south London, in Travelcard Zone 2. It is 4 miles 60 chains (7.6 km) down the line from London Waterloo. The station and all trains serving it are operated by South Western Railway.
What zone is Wandsworth Road station?
London Buses 77, 87, 452, and N87 serve the station. Wandsworth Road is located in Zone 2.
How far is Wandsworth from central London?
The distance between London and Wandsworth is 4 miles.
What line is tooting station on?
Tooting station is in the south London Borough of Merton, in Travelcard Zone 3, and is served by Thameslink on the Sutton Loop Line.
Is Wandsworth posh?
“ Wandsworth Common is quite mummyish and posh now,” says one resident, who has lived in Wandsworth for 14 years. “For young families, everything’s nearby. The schools are great, the Common is beautiful — landscaped with ponds and very safe.
Does Wandsworth have a tube station?
Wandsworth – Tube Station – visitlondon.com.
Is Wandsworth a nice area?
Wandsworth is the name of both a London borough containing areas like Battersea, Putney and Tooting, and a hub in its own right – Wandsworth Town. Popular with families and packed with great schools, it’s one of London’s most affluent and attractive inner suburbs.
Is Wandsworth London safe?
Statistically, Wandsworth is the safest Central London borough, with an average of 72 crimes per 1000 people as of 2012, much lower than the London average. Crime levels continue to fall annually throughout the borough.
What is Wandsworth famous for?
It’s home to London’s largest prison Built in 1851 as Surrey House of Correction, what is now called Wandsworth Prison is the largest prison in London and one of the largest in Europe. Notable inmates include Charles Bronson, Ronnie Kray, Julian Assange, Pete Doherty and Gary Glitter.
How do you get to Tooting station?
The nearest stations to Tooting Broadway are:
- Tooting Broadway Station (L) is 38 meters away, 1 min walk.
- Tooting Broadway Station (H) is 83 meters away, 2 min walk.
- Mitcham Road / Tooting Broadway Stn (C) is 92 meters away, 2 min walk.
- Tooting Broadway Station (B) is 93 meters away, 2 min walk.
How do you get to Tooting Bec?
The nearest Underground station is Tooting Bec which connects with the Northern Line service from Central London and Morden. The park is approximately 0.5 mile walking distance. The nearest National Rail station is Streatham, which is approximately 0.75 mile walking distance.
What zone is Balham?
It is in Travelcard Zone 3.