- 1 Is Bromley a safe area?
- 2 Is Bromley a rich area?
- 3 What is Bromley known for?
- 4 Is Bromley under London?
- 5 Is Bromley expensive?
- 6 What is the most dangerous borough in London?
- 7 How far is Bromley from London?
- 8 What is Bickley like to live in?
- 9 Is Petts Wood a nice place to live?
- 10 Which borough is the richest in London?
- 11 What are the dangerous areas of London?
- 12 What is the nicest neighborhood in London?
- 13 Is Orpington classed as London?
- 14 Is Bexley Kent or London?
- 15 What is the smallest borough in London?
Is Bromley a safe area?
Bromley doesn’t have the lowest crime rate in London, nor does the borough have high crime rates in comparison to other locations in the capital. According to statistics for the South London borough, 47,526 offences was reported to the Met Police between January 2018 and December 2018.
Is Bromley a rich area?
Bromley – It the head town of Bromley borough which is home to Intu shopping centre, a huge mall of everyone’s favourite high street shops and is a relatively affluent area.
What is Bromley known for?
The old Kent market town of Bromley became a major residential area following the growth of rail access to London after 1860. It is now also an important centre for shopping, entertainment, and business offices. Light industry has developed along the Cray valley.
Is Bromley under London?
The London Borough of Bromley is in south London. It’s named after its main town which was historically a market town in the county of Kent. Bromley Town Centre now has a large retail area, consisting of a shopping mall and a pedestrianised high street.
Is Bromley expensive?
According to the UK House Price Index, Bromley currently has an average house price of £430,033, making it a fairly expensive area to live in the UK. It’s important to note that it is a town in South East London which explains the increased price.
What is the most dangerous borough in London?
Crime numbers in each borough: When the population of a borough is considered the borough with the highest rate of crime per person remains Westminster with 192.8 crimes for every 1,000 people, second highest is Kensington and Chelsea ((112.7 per 1,000 people) and third Camden (117 per 1,000 people).
How far is Bromley from London?
The distance between London and Bromley is 10 miles.
What is Bickley like to live in?
Despite its reputation for high prices and affluence, Bickley is a surprisingly affordable and pleasant option for almost anyone considering moving to South-East London, and should definitely be on your shortlist when it comes to house-hunting.
Is Petts Wood a nice place to live?
Excellent transport links make it a commuter’s dream, reputable schools mean it is a destination for families and with a rich history, fine infrastructure and a real community vibe; Petts Wood is an all round idyllic place to live.
Which borough is the richest in London?
The 10 most expensive London boroughs
- Westminster – £3,099,172.
- Kensington and Chelsea – £2,080,134.
- Camden – £1,858,738.
- Hammersmith and Fulham – £964,013.
- Hackney – £933,006.
- Richmond upon Thames – £838,527.
- Lambeth – £834,518.
- Wandsworth – £803,319.
What are the dangerous areas of London?
Most Dangerous Areas In London
- Westminster – Crime rate of 321.4 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Camden – Crime rate of 154.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Kensington and Chelsea – Crime rate 153.9 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Hammersmith and Fulham – Crime rate 129.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
What is the nicest neighborhood in London?
Top 20 of the best neighbourhoods in London
- Notting Hill – famously one of the best and most loved neighborhoods in London. One of London’s most famous and most loved neighbourhoods this is an affluent, buzzy, and bohemian area as well as being highly desirable.
- Chelsea – an affluent area of South West London made famous by the TV series Made in Chelsea.
Is Orpington classed as London?
Orpington is a town in south-east London, England, located in the historic county of Kent. Part of the London Borough of Bromley area in the ceremonial county of Greater London, it is identified in the London Plan as one of 35 major centres in Greater London.
Is Bexley Kent or London?
Bexley was an ancient parish in the county of Kent. As part of the suburban growth of London in the 20th century, Bexley increased in population, becoming a municipal borough in 1935 and has formed part of Greater London since 1965.
What is the smallest borough in London?
Kensington & Chelsea is London’s smallest borough by area, at 4.7 square miles (12.2 sq km).