- 1 What is the best area of London to live in?
- 2 Where should you avoid living in London?
- 3 What are the safest areas to live in London?
- 4 How do I decide where to live in London?
- 5 What is the poorest area in London?
- 6 What is the poorest town in England?
- 7 Why is Westminster so dangerous?
- 8 Which areas of London are dangerous?
- 9 Which are the posh areas in London?
- 10 What’s the cheapest area of London to live in?
- 11 Where is the most expensive place to live in London?
- 12 Where is the best place to live in the UK?
- 13 Which areas in London are up and coming?
What is the best area of London to live in?
Below we have reviewed 13 of the most highly-ranked areas in London for families.
- Isle of Dogs. It’s not actually an island, but this area in East London is situated in a large meander on the River Thames.
- East Finchley.
- Notting Hill.
Where should you avoid living in London?
- 3.1 Barking.
- 3.2 Upton Park & Plaistow.
- 3.3 Tottenham.
- 3.4 Harlesden / Willesden.
- 3.5 Bethnal Green / Whitechapel.
- 3.6 Southall.
- 3.7 Deptford + some parts of Bermondsey.
- 3.8 Thamesmead.
What are the safest areas to live in London?
Safest Areas In London
- Richmond – Crime rate 54 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Bexley – Crime rate 56 per 1,000 people.
- Kingston-upon-Thames – Crime rate 57 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Sutton – Crime rate 57 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Harrow – Crime rate 63 crimes per 1,000 people.
How do I decide where to live in London?
How to Decide Where You Should live in London
- Big Budget. If money is no object and you are looking for somewhere a bit more expensive to buy a house, then Kensington and Chelsea is ideal for you.
- Saving the Pennies.
- Peace and Quiet.
- A Younger Crowd.
- Reasonable Rent.
- Family Friendly.
- Let to Buy.
What is the poorest area in London?
The most concentrated areas of high poverty are in areas such as Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Newham, and the north east of London. There are also noticeable pockets of high poverty rates in areas in west London, such as in Brent and the north ends of Kensington & Chelsea and Westminster.
What is the poorest town in England?
In 2010, Jaywick was assessed as the most deprived area in England. In September 2015, it was again named as the most deprived, according to the indices of deprivation based on several factors including: poverty, crime, education and skill levels, unemployment and housing, after being assessed in 2012–13.
Why is Westminster so dangerous?
Westminster enjoys the title of being Europe’s largest nighttime economy, but also has the capital’s highest crime rates, somewhat due to tourist activity, thereby boosting petty-crime rates. Theft and handling is by far the most reported crime in Westminster, with over 26,000 incidents reported from 2015-2016 alone.
Which areas of London are dangerous?
- Hackney – 4,140. The East London borough of Hackney is the fifth most dangerous borough in London according to Metropolitan Police data from January and February.
- Southwark – 4,192.
- Tower Hamlets – 4,572.
- Newham – 4,733.
- Croydon – 4,781.
Which are the posh areas in London?
1 The following are the top five most expensive neighborhoods in London as of March 2020.
- Knightsbridge. Knightsbridge is one of the poshest neighborhoods in the world.
- West Brompton.
- City of Westminster.
What’s the cheapest area of London to live in?
The 10 Cheapest Areas to Rent in London
- Bexley. Number one on our list, Bexley currently has the cheapest rent in London with 1-bedroom flats averaging at £823 pcm.
- Barking and Dagenham.
Where is the most expensive place to live in London?
Where are the most expensive places to live in London? The three most expensive boroughs in London are Westminster, Kensington, Chelsea and Camden. These premium districts with beautiful architecture, grand properties and celebrity residents rarely move from the top slots.
Where is the best place to live in the UK?
Top 5 places to live in the UK in 2020
- Hexham. A few weeks ago, Rightmove revealed that the Northumberland town of Hexham was the happiest place to live in Great Britain.
- How to decide where to move to.
Which areas in London are up and coming?
Here’s our list of London’s top 5 up and coming areas that you should keep your eyes on in 2018.
- Nunhead, Southwark.
- Stoke Newington, Hackney.
- Woolwich, Greenwich.
- Acton, Ealing.
- Crystal Palace.