- 1 How do I get to Greenwich from London?
- 2 What Tube line is Greenwich on?
- 3 How do I get to Greenwich Park by Tube?
- 4 Can I use my Oyster card on the river boats?
- 5 Is Greenwich posh?
- 6 How far is Greenwich from London?
- 7 How far is Greenwich station to the O2 arena?
- 8 How far is Greenwich from London City?
- 9 What can you do in Greenwich for free?
- 10 Does Greenwich Park have toilets?
- 11 Are the toilets open in Greenwich Park?
- 12 Can you get into Greenwich Park at night?
- 13 How long is the boat ride from Westminster to Greenwich?
- 14 How much does the Clipper cost?
- 15 Is contactless cheaper than oyster?
How do I get to Greenwich from London?
How to get to Greenwich in London
- Travel from central London to Greenwich by riverboat, train, Tube and DLR.
- The Emirates Air Line cable car connects Greenwich Peninsula to the Royal Docks.
- It takes between 20 and 35 minutes to travel from London City Airport to Greenwich by DLR and Tube.
What Tube line is Greenwich on?
Greenwich and Cutty Sark stations are on the the DLR line running from Lewisham to Bank (interchange for London underground Northern Line and Central Line ) via Canary Wharf (interchange with London underground Jubilee line ).
How do I get to Greenwich Park by Tube?
- New Cross Tube Station (East London line closed. Bus service operates) Amersham Vale, London, Lewisham, 28 mins.
- North Greenwich Tube Station. 5 Millennium Way, London, Greenwich, 28 mins.
- New Cross Gate Tube Station (East London line closed. Bus service operates)
Can I use my Oyster card on the river boats?
You can use contactless ( card or device) or an Oyster card on the River Bus service operated by Thames Clippers. Touch in at the start of your journey and touch out at the end on the yellow card readers, and when changing boats, to pay the right fare.
Is Greenwich posh?
Steeped in history and rich in culture, Greenwich is one of South London’s most attractive places to live. Home to Greenwich Meantime, the Royal Palaces, a vibrant marketplace, and an abundance of trendy hangouts, there will never be a dull moment living in Greenwich.
How far is Greenwich from London?
Distance between London and Greenwich is 8.35 km. This distance is equal to 5.19 miles, and 4.5 nautical miles.
How far is Greenwich station to the O2 arena?
The distance between Greenwich Station and The O2 Arena is 2 miles.
How far is Greenwich from London City?
Greenwich is just 20 minutes from Central London in Zone 2 of London’s travel network and you can see a map of Greenwich town centre here. It’s easy to get here using Docklands Light Railway ( DLR ), river boat or train.
What can you do in Greenwich for free?
Top free things to do in Greenwich
- Explore the free galleries of the National Maritime Museum.
- Visit the Queen’s House to see the Armada portrait of Elizabeth I.
- Stroll through Greenwich Park and enjoy London’s best view.
- Travel through space at the free Astronomy Centre galleries.
Does Greenwich Park have toilets?
Facilities at Greenwich Park There are toilets on Blackheath Avenue, by Blackheath Gate, in the Children’s playground and inside the old Royal Observatory.
Are the toilets open in Greenwich Park?
Toilets. Toilets across the parks will remain open. We have implemented all necessary measures to protect our visitors’ safety and to provide a safe working environment for our attendants. During periods when the toilets are cleaned, we will temporarily close access to the facilities until cleaning is safely completed.
Can you get into Greenwich Park at night?
Another of London’s parks makes our nighttime viewing list. Greenwich park has always been one of London’s favoured parks thanks to the views from the hilltop. So, whether it’s arranging an evening picnic or sharing a glass of bubbly on a Friday night, Greenwich caters for any nighttime experience in London.
How long is the boat ride from Westminster to Greenwich?
Benefit from the comfort of a modern but traditional vessel. Head to the open deck for panoramic views of London’s landmarks. A full Westminster to Greenwich cruise takes approximately 1 hour, while a return cruise takes 2 hours in total.
How much does the Clipper cost?
Single & Return
|Zone||Single Oyster/ Online/App||Single with Travelcard|
|Central & East||£8.20||£7.15|
|Central & West||£8.50||£7.15|
Is contactless cheaper than oyster?
As a general rule a Travelcard is more expensive than an Oyster card or Contactless payment card. The exception is if you make 3 or more journeys for 6 days or more within a 7 day period.