Small Croydon firms are being invited to ‘meet the buyers’ from large businesses working in the borough.
The council has set up the networking event, which is open to all small business based in Croydon, as part of its ‘Value Croydon’ programme. Value Croydon is the council’s approach to driving growth in the local economy through its spending decisions. It focuses on how the council uses its buying power and influence to drive ‘social value’ by addressing social, economic and environmental issues, and promoting local sustainability, equality and diversity.
Those most likely to benefit from this session will be those with expertise in building, repairs and maintenance, or mechanical and electrical services. The session, which runs from 4pm–6.30pm on Thursday 20 April, will allow local businesses to find out about upcoming work and subcontracting opportunities. Major firms already confirmed to be present at event at the community space in Mint Walk include:
- Willmott Dixon (construction, residential development and property support)
- Mulalley (new build, planned maintenance, refurbishment)
- Arthur McKay (mechanical, electrical, networks, facilities management services)
- GRAHAM (asset management, construction and project investment)
- Guideline (lift services: installation, modernisation, maintenance, repair)
- Clairglow (central heating installation, maintenance, repair)
- Anglian Building Products (windows, doors and external wall insulation)
- Axis Europe (building repairs, maintenance and improvement across property sectors)
Councillor Simon Hall, Cabinet Member for Finance and Treasury, said: “Our vision is for everyone in Croydon to benefit from investment in the borough. By encouraging the use of local tradespeople and sub-contractors we can really boost the economy and improve residents’ lives. This is what we mean by ‘social value’, where local communities and businesses gain employment, skills, and contracting opportunities, either directly or, like here, by becoming part of the supply chain.”
Details of the event can be found on Eventbrite.